Chapter 22: Sleepover

As Paul and I walked into the house, we were met by Jackson running towards us. I slipped my hand out of Paul's, scooping my brother up and sitting him on my hip. "Jackson, were you good for the boys. Jake called and told me you wouldn't take your nap earlier. Did you take a nap in my bed". He nodded his head and then looked to Jacob and back to me. 

      I looked to the boys next, "He looks unharmed, good job keeping my little brother alive". Embry and Quil laughed as Jared came and stood in front of me, "Yeah I was more worried that he would end up killing one of us. He kept climbing all over Jake like he was a jungle gym". 

      I looked at Jackson, "Were you trying to kill Jake?", he shook his head no, "Good, we like him you can't do that". I started to tickle his side as he squirmed out of my arms to get away from me. Paul caught him before he went anywhere. I went and sat on the couch next to Jake, I let myself sink in next to him as he wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me in for a hug. I took in his warmth, squeezing his arm and tightening our hug. I wasn't aware of how much I needed his hug, I need all of them tonight.

      He released me from our tight hug, pulling away with everyone just looking at me. I found all of their eyes saddening as I felt a single tear roll down my cheek. I quickly brought my hand up and swiped the tear away and then spoke, "So what are the plans for tonight everyone?" 

      Jared answered first, "Katie is ordering pizza, Kim is on her way over now, and we were thinking that we would just hang out and watch movies. I went out earlier and bought loads of junk food." 

      Katie entered the living room with my dad at her heel, "The pizza is ordered, it will be ready in a half an hour. Cammy do you need anything sweetheart". I shook my head no and just simply said, "I'm going to go shower. You know, to relax". Everyone just nodded and was completely silent as I went up the stairs and into the bathroom. 

      I started the hot shower, letting the steam fill the bathroom before I stepped inside and shut the curtain behind me. I was done showering, but I couldn't manage to get myself out from under the warm water. I sat down, my legs pulled to my chest as I let out the loud sobs. My mom is gone, I would give anything to be able to call her and talk to her one last time, I wish that I could hear her voice again. I sat there, the water hitting me in the face as I felt my body tense. I let out more sobs thinking about the day that we said goodbye and the fact that I didn't call or text her as much as I should. She had a new job and I don't even really know how that was going or if she met anyone new out there. 

      After what felt like 10 minutes, I was finally able to pull myself out of the shower and into my bedroom. My phone was going off on my dresser as I closed the door behind me, I looked at the screen to see that Alice was calling. I sighed and then answered the phone, "Hello?" 

      "Cammy? Are you okay?" 

      "My mom is dead Alice"

      "Oh my, I am so sorry Cammy. If you need anything at all just let me know. Our entire family is hear at your beckon"

      "Thank you Alice, I appreciate that. I actually have my friends over right now, we are going to have a sleepover so that I don't focus on it too much. I'll definitely call if I need anything, I promise. Do you think that you guys can come to the funeral or we can hang out afterwards?"

      "Of course we can hang out afterwards. I don't think going to the funeral will be a good idea, but definitely after. Try to have fun tonight, good bye Cammy."

      "Bye Alice"

      I hung my phone up, placing it on my dresser once again. I put on underwear and a sports bra before walking to my closet and pulling out a sweatshirt. It was my dads when he was young, so it was way too big on me, but right now it was all that I wanted to wear. Since we had company, I pulled on a pair of shorts that were completely covered by the sweatshirt. I pulled on some fuzzy socks before walking back downstairs.