Chapter 65: Helping Protect

"Sam what the hell do you mean we have to help the Cullen's?", Jake yelled causing Olivia to jump a little before starting to cry at the sudden noise. I shot him a look before picking her up out of her car seat. 

      Sam remained calm, "The royal vampires are coming after the Cullen's because Edward and Bella now have a child that is half human and half vampire. She is no threat to the town and our families, but the royalty believe that she is, and if we don't help them then there will be massacre in the area. They are asking their friends to come and help them change their minds, helping them is in the best interest of the pack. It will help us keep our families safe, but it may mean that their witnesses may cause more kids to phase". Sam smiled down at Emily who was rubbing her growing stomach that holds their little boy. 

      "Seriously? I have to leave my life in their hands?", Jacob continued to argue. 

      "Jake quit it. This is to protect our families, to protect Madison and your dad", Sam said making Jake calm down a little. 

      "When is this happening?", Paul asked from his seat at the table. He looked at me and smiled when I lifted Olivia up into the air. 

      "They only told me that when the snow sticks for the first time, that is when it is happening", everyone nodded and by the way that Embry was watching me with Olivia, I could see how much he is worried. I kissed my daughter on the head before handing her to him and she smiled at him while grabbing onto his finger. 

      Everyone pretty much stayed quiet after that, Paul pulled me into his lap and just held me against him and once Emily started to make dinner, Sam took a few of the boys to go meet Renesmee, Bella's daughter.

      Emily was sitting at the table, cutting potatoes and putting them in a pan while I cooked the chicken in a pan on the stove. "Hey Cammy, what do you think is going to happen?", Emily asked while bringing the pan to the counter. 

      "I honestly have no idea, but I just want everyone to be okay", she nodded in agreement while putting seasoning onto the potatoes. 

      "I can't lose Sam, not now. I need him to see our son be born and to help me raise him", I turned the stove down a little before turning to look at her. 

      She had tears in her eyes, "Emily, Sam will be fine. He will not miss his son being born and any other kids that you two have in the future. These witnesses will be able to convince the vampires, I think everything will be fine. You can't stress about it, it's not good for the baby and you know that because you used to tell me all the time". She just laughed and wiped her tears from her eyes before going out to the living room to relax.

      I fought with her for days about letting me help out and do some of the meals until she is up to it. Being pregnant takes a lot out of you, I know that more than anyone, and she needs to rest for at least one meal each day. She did it for me and I want to do something to thank her for letting me move in with her and taking care of me all that time. 

      I finished dinner as Jake, Paul, Sam, and Jared all got back from meeting the Cullen child. Paul went and grabbed Olivia from Embry before joining me in the kitchen, "My two pretty girls, how did I get so lucky". He kissed my cheek and started to kiss Olivia all over her face to make her laugh as I put the chicken into a giant bowl. Paul joined everyone at the table and as I put the last of the food down, Paul smacked my ass and got everyone's attention. 

      "Paul, you can't do that", I yelped out and slapped his shoulder which earned a laugh from Olivia and the entire pack. 

      "Sorry babe, you leaned in front of me. It was bound to happen, it was there", he shrugged rocking the car seat by his side. I shook my head at him and took the seat between him and Madison.