Chapter 50: Something Happened

I woke up from my nap what felt like minutes later, but it was actually a couple hours. I looked around, guessing everyone heard the loud howl that had woken me up because they all looked a little more relieved now. Claire was sitting in the little pocket behind my legs when Billy got a phone call, "Sam?... Where are you?... We'll be there". 

      He quickly hung up the phone and looked around at everyone one before he spoke, "Something happened, they are having Carlisle come to my house to take care of it". I felt my breath hitch then, "Kim do you think that you can watch Claire for us, Jared will want you at home anyway", she just nodded in response to him. He looked at Emily then, "Can you take them home and meet us at my house, we'll take Cammy with us", Emily gave him a nod and grabbed her car keys right away. 

      Billy, Sue and I all but ran out to the car, making sure to close up the house behind us before getting in. Sue helped Billy while I just sat in the back seat trying to get my breathing steady again, and after 4 attempts I gave up. One of my brothers is hurt, it could even be my wolf, my Paul. My breathing got worse as we drove away from the house, the last place that everything seemed relatively normal in our lives. 

     As we pulled up to the house, we heard screaming from inside. Whoever was in so much pain couldn't hold it in, and it seemed like their accelerated healing only made it worse. As soon as Sue had the car parked, I jumped out and tried to find Paul, I looked between the guys until I found him leaning against the house. His shirtless back leaned against the red siding of the Black family home, as soon as his brown eyes met mine, my breathing slowed finally. 

      He pushed himself off the wall as I made it to him, "Paul", it was the only thing that I could breathe out in that moment and when a shrill scream hit the air I remembered why we are all standing there. "What happened?", I asked as I pulled away but close enough so that we were still touching.

      "Leah had a vamp on her back, and Jake went to go help her out but the leech got his arms around him and crushed the bones on one side of his body", I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as Jake screamed out from his house. "The doctor is dealing with something and then coming straight here, he said that he will have to re-break Jake's bones so they set right". 

     As if on queue, a small black car pulled in front of the house and Carlisle stepped out and followed Sam inside with out saying anything. The screams got louder a few moments later and they seemed to be filled with more pain than before. 

      A shiver ran down my spine because of the constant screams inside of the house, I was so focused on them that I couldn't hear anything else around me. Paul may be my soul mate and the one that I will marry someday, but Jake was there for me when my family kicked me out and Paul left me alone in it. I will do anything that Jake needs me to do, since he does for me. 

      Paul ran a warm hand up my arms, "Are you cold?", he brought me back from my worry. I hadn't even noticed that I was shivering uncontrollably, but I wasn't cold. I was wearing Paul's sweatpants and sweatshirt, the shivering was from worrying and the fear that Jake may not be okay after this. 

     I shook my head at him, but he pulled me against him anyway. He was standing behind me, his arms over my shoulders and his head resting on top of mine. I was perfectly content in this position with him, he was doing this to show me that he is here for me right now. As I was getting comfortable leaning against him, I heard the loud growl of an engine cutting out. I looked to see the orange truck that Jake had rebuilt, Bella jumped out and went to Billy but before she would say anything Carlisle came out of the house. 

      He turned to Billy, "His bones are all in the right places now, he should be healed within a few days. He won't be able to do anything until I make sure that he will not re-injure himself, Billy nodded to the man and then held his hand out to him.