Chapter 63: Imprinting

I was laying on the couch with Liv's head resting on my chest while Paul was on patrol. I was starting to doze off, my head tilting to the side when my phone started vibrating next to me. I picked it up, seeing my dad's face across my screen, causing me to pick it up. 

      "Dad?", it was more like a question than I statement. 

      "Hey sweetie, so your cousin Madison is going to be staying with us, your uncle thinks it will be good for her. I think that you should spend some time with her, maybe take her to meet your friends", he dragged off the end, waiting for me to respond. 

      I haven't seen Madison since we were young, my uncle got into a fight with my dad so they stopped speaking which meant that we never got to see each other. "Yeah, I can come get her now, I'm bored anyway. Olivia is sleeping". 

      "That sounds great sweetie, I'll let her know", he hung up the phone before I slipped it into the diaper bag. I put Liv in her car seat and made sure to grab a bottle for a couple hours from now. Once I made sure that I had everything, I grabbed the car seat and headed toward my truck. I buckled her in and started the car, watching her to make sure that it didn't wake her up, and when she didn't move, I pulled away from the house and toward the road. 

      The drive was still familiar even though I haven't driven it much since right after Olivia was born, my dad finally decided that he wanted to see his grand daughter and now they always come over to the house to see her.

       Paul and I pulled up in front of my parents house, I sighed as he grabbed my hand. I was nervous to see what my father would say when he saw Olivia, he had called this morning and asked if we could bring her over to see them. 

       As we climbed out of the truck, Paul took the carrier in one hand and my hand in his other, giving it a gentle squeeze as we headed out to the back yard where we heard Jackson talking. As we turned the corner and made it into their view, Jackson came running at us. I picked him up as he reached us, giving him a tight hug before he looked over to Paul with a smile, "Can I see Olivia?". Paul smiled at my brothers excitement, nodding and walking toward the table that my dad and Katie were both sitting at. Paul placed the carrier on the table so that the three of them could look look at Olivia who just reached a month old. 

      "Can I hold her", Katie asked, picking the baby up as we nodded at her. She stared down at the baby in awe as Paul and I just watched all of their expressions. 

      "She's so cute sissy", Jackson said while wiggling out of my arms. His mom reminded him that he needed to be careful, but he ran his little fingers across her cheek softly and smiled when she opened her eyes to look at him. Katie laughed at her sons excitement before holding Olivia out for my father to take, which he did after a little hesitation.

       I watched as my father moved her so that she was against his chest, he smiled down at her as she stretched in his grasp. He finally looked up at me, "She's beautiful Cammy, you two created a beautiful baby. Just one thing, no more any time soon, please". Paul and I both laughed as we watched my family fall in love with our little girl. 

      My dad peaked out of the house to see my car parked there, coming out with a teenage girl following behind him. Madison has her mother's light brown hair, but we share the same green eyes. I had seen pictures of her over the years, but seeing her in person, she is extremely pretty. I got out of the car so that they could get a better look at Olivia, "There's my pretty grand daughter", my dad cooed even though she was fast asleep. 

      I turned to Madison, ignoring my fathers words, "Hey Madison, how are you", I asked while pulling her in for a hug. 

      "I'm good, how are you and I heard about the baby congratulations", I smiled and looked toward the baby, feeling proud of what I did.