Chapter 52: The House

"Sam, can we talk to you about something?", I asked as Paul and I entered the house with Jake following behind us. He just nodded, dismissing the other guys to the living room to talk to Jake. 

      "What's up guys?", he looked at Emily, pulling her chair closer to him so that they could touch. It made me realize that Paul and I are more like them than I actually thought, we are constantly touching in some way, it's just comforting having him right there. 

      "We want to give you guys your guest bedroom back, in case you want to start a family soon", I started while kind of drawing out the sentence to see if Paul would ask Sam about the house. 

      Paul looked up to his cousin, "We want to know if you would mind us having the family house. Grandpa's house.", Sam seemed surprised about the request but smiled immediately. 

      "Yeah of course, it is in really good condition for not being touched in years. I can grab the key if you want to go see it now", he said but the tone he used made it seem more like a question than a statement. I nodded excitedly, making everyone in the kitchen laugh while Sam got up and grabbed the set of keys from a kitchen drawer. "Go take a look and see if it is what you guys want, plus if you want anything renovated, we have an entire team that wants mama wolf happy", he added while dropping the keys into Paul's hand with a smile still across his face. 

      Paul turned to me, holding out his hand so that I could take it. I slid my hand into his, intertwining our fingers before turning around to Sam and Emily, "We'll be back soon, and thank you". They just nodded and waved as we made our way down the trail behind Emily's house that I had never known existed. It was a wide dirt path, covered by the trees and lined with different shrubs that were all over the forest in Forks. 

      It was only a couple minutes later when the path opened up to a clearing that held a two story house that was much like Emily's. The wooden house had a garage next to it, a very large yard area and the porch wrapped around the one side and to the back of the house. I felt a smile grow on my face as we got closer to the house. It was pretty much all wood like Emily's, it had a dirt and gravel driveway down to the garage and it seemed like there was an old basketball hoop hanging off to the side. 

      Paul took my hand as we walked up the stairs together, pulling his hand out of mine to open the door and present it to me, he held the door open saying, "After you". I just smiled and entered the house, looking at the house that looked relatively new. 

      "It's beautiful", I said as I ran my hand against the wall the of the entrance that opened up to the living room, as I moved further into the room I noticed that I could see the dining room. "You said this was your grandfather's house?".

      I moved into the dining room while examining the wooden table and matching chairs that sat in the middle of the room, "Yeah, he built it for my grandmother but they only lived here for a few years before they got put into the nursing home. He always said that he hoped Sam or I could use it as our family home, he put so much work into it that he wanted family to enjoy it". I just smiled at him as we got to the kitchen. The very open room was white walls with black cabinets and a granite counter top, the appliances all seemed relatively new but I couldn't help but notice the small half bathroom off to the side. I moved through the kitchen, examining it and as I found more, I began to love the house more than I thought I would have. 

      "Can we go upstairs?", I turned around to see Paul leaning against the counter, but when I spoke to him, he nodded in response before taking my hand again. He led me up the wooden stair case that was by the front door. When we made it upstairs, we were met by a small hallway, a green area carpet running the length of the hall that held five doors. We went from room to room, looking at the three bedrooms that were all just organized differently. The fourth door that we opened was the bathroom, the shower near the entrance with the toilet hidden behind it and the sink on the opposite wall.