Chapter 29: What now?

First thing I did when I woke up this morning was call Carlisle, the phone rang once before he answered, "Cammy? How are you?"

      "Pretty good Carlisle, are you home?"

      "Yes I am, I don't go into the hospital for a couple of hours? Is something wrong?" 

      "Can I come over now? I'll explain when I get there"

      "Yeah of course, I'll see you when you get here". With that I hung up the phone and changed out of my shorts and into black leggings before grabbing my phone. I decided to take Emily's advice and text Paul while I walked down the stairs, 

Cammy: I am going to see Carlisle now to confirm this, if you care.

       Katie was sitting on the couch, "Are you going out?".

      "Do you mind if I go to Kim's for a little bit?"

      "That's fine. Text me if you need anything and you can take my car". I nodded and took her car keys from the hook along with my purse before making my way out to the car. I started the engine and drove slowly down the road and as soon as I reached the freeway, I sped up until I reached the curve. I slowed down enough to pull into the driveway right after it, when I turned into the driveway and slowed even more and I traveled down the narrow road. 

      I sighed as I parked the car in front of the garage, slowly getting out of the car to be met by Emmett standing in front of my car. I walked toward him and he immediately pulled me into a gentle hug, making sure not to squeeze me too hard. Carlisle came to the door as we pulled away, "Cammy, I have my office upstairs ready for whatever we are doing. Emmett you should probably wait outside". We walked up the stairs to the second floor, all of the Cullen's were sitting in the living room to the right of the stairs, they all looked at me concerned as we walked into his office to the left of the stairs. 

      Carlisle closed the door quietly behind him, "So what seems to be going on?". I reached into my purse and pulled out the positive pregnancy test, he examined it as he took it out of my hands. "Oh, you want to make sure that this is right". I nodded my head and he handed me a cup, "There is a bathroom right next door, I'll be in here when you are done". I nodded and opened the door and walked to the bathroom right next door. 

      I quickly peed into the cup and washed my hands before I left the bathroom and returned to the office next door. I waited for him to run the test, it was only like five minutes, before he turned back around to me, his eyes looking at the results, "You are pregnant". I just nodded because I expected to hear him say this, there was no other explanation for me being sick everyday. He walked toward me and touched my arm, putting a reassuring smile across his face. 

      I climbed down off the table, as there was a knock on the door. Alice and Emmett poked their head into the room, "Can we come in? You seem like you need a friend". I nodded, Carlisle left the three of us alone in the room, when I heard the door close I collapsed into tears again. Alice caught me, not letting me hit the ground, lifting me up onto a chair next to the desk. She knelt down in front of me and rubbed my back as I tried to calm down. Once I started to catch my breath, Emmett finally spoke up, "Where is Paul through all of this? He should be here". 

      I shuttered at the mention of his name, "He's not ready to be a father. So he's not involved I guess, I told him I was coming, but he obviously doesn't care". I shed a tear again as Emmett opened the door to let Jasper and Edward in the room. 

      Jasper spoke next, "Cammy, I know that even though Paul is not involved the rest of the pack will be there for you. You shouldn't feel alone because you aren't". I nodded to him and then looked at Edward then back at Alice.