Chapter 38: Paul's Birthday

I set an alarm to go off really quietly at 6 this morning, I looked behind me to make sure that Paul was still fast asleep next to me. When he didn't move, I slowly got out of bed and grabbed the outfit I was going to wear and headed to the bathroom. 

      I showered quickly, going through my plan for the day in my head. Once I was out of the shower, I got dressed and brushed my hair and teeth before quietly making my way downstairs. I entered the kitchen, grabbing my fruit that I eat for breakfast and the eggs and bacon that I am making for Paul. I'm beyond excited to spend his birthday with him, I have the whole day planned out. I got right to work cooking the bacon and eggs. I scrambled his eggs, made a piece of toast, and made the bacon crispy how he likes it. I put it all onto a plate, poured a glass of orange juice and then walked back upstairs. 

      I laid the food on my bedside table, taking my spot on the bed again. I started playing with his hair before talking to him, "Paul, baby, I made you breakfast". He stirred but didn't open his eyes, I leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. I felt him start to kiss back and then with one swift motion I was straddling him and his hands were resting on my waist. Our kisses got more passionate and I completely got distracted by his touch but the smell of his breakfast brought me back, making me pull away. "I made you breakfast birthday boy", I climbed off of him to grab his food, he sat up in his spot and took the plate out of my hands and started eating immediately. 

      I grabbed my phone to let Emily know that Paul and I already ate, although it doesn't really affect the amount of food that much. I waited until he was almost done with his food to go into the closet to grab his present. I pulled the bag out of the very back of my clothes and then I made my way back to the bed. I sat down in front of him as he put his empty plate onto the floor, "You didn't have to get me anything, I have all I need right here". I shook my head and handed him the bag anyway. He pulled out the tissue paper slowly and then grabbed all of the contents out of the bag. 

      He looked at the leather bracelet that was on top, "When did you get this?". His huge smile was contagious and made me smile just as big. 

      "I went back to that store in Port Angeles when you went to get the tickets for Sam. I saw how much you loved it, so I couldn't resist". He leaned in and gave me a kiss before he opened up the two shirts that I bought him. 

      "I keep tearing mine so I definitely needed these. Thank you so much baby, I love them. I am  going to look sexy in this today". I shook my head and shoved his shoulder before he got up and got dressed, pulling on the black band shirt that I bought him. The shirt molded around his muscles, showing off each muscle as he moved around to do different things around the room. 

      I didn't realize that I was staring until he waved a hand in front of my face to get my attention, "Sorry, I didn't mean to stare". He chuckled and went over to the closet so that he could pull on his black sneakers. 

      After he had his shoes on, "You can stare at me all you want. Just know that I will be doing the same because you look so good in that dress, but aren't you going to get cold". 

      I shook my head, "Only when I'm outside", he shook his head at me this time and laughed at my lack of concern for my warmth. He went back to the closet, not saying another word to me but he grabbed the thickest coat that I had and tossed it to me. 

      I looked up at him again, "You're at least wearing that". I looked back down to the jacket and realized that he was right, my legs were definitely going to be cold but this will help a little when I am outside. 

       Paul grabbed my book bag that was on the floor and we made our way downstairs to be met by the laughter of the guys at the table. Paul sat down my bag and then the pack all yelled, "Happy Birthday", in unison.