Chapter 59: Olivia Lahote

I looked down to the baby laying on my chest, her eyes still closed but I could take in all of her other features. She has a mix between my lighter skin and her father's russet skin, his darker brown hair, and most of all she has my small nose. She snuggled her head against my chest, the crying stopping as she felt the warmth from my chest. 

      The nurses took her, cleaning her off completely while also cleaning me off. Paul's hand never left mine, he stood right next to me as they re-buttoned my gown. I remember Carlisle telling the nurses to take the baby to the nursery as I dozed off. I felt myself moving and heard some voices around me, but I was just too tired so I let myself sleep for a little bit. 

      I was only out for about 15 minutes when Paul took my hand again in his as he said something to Emily, I opened my eyes to see him sitting in a chair next to my bed and that's when I heard the nurse on the other side of me. "How are you feeling sweetie?", she gave me a small smile before I mustered up the words to say to her. 

      "Pretty good. Where is she?", I asked almost immediately and she just smiled and me before looking at Paul. 

      "They have a doctor checking her out and then she will be right back in here", I smiled and nodded as she left the room without another word. I turned my attention back to Paul, taking in all of his features that he now shares with his daughter. 

      I reached up to place my hand on his cheek before he spoke, "You are absolutely amazing, you know that?". I just shrugged before he continued, "No, don't try to down play it. You are absolutely amazing, I watched what you did but you never flinched. You took it as it came, and then you brought our little girl into this world". He grabbed my hand into his own and placed a kiss on it as the door opened to reveal the nurse rolling in the little bed with our daughter. 

     She rolled her over so that she was right next to the bed and the chair, "I can start letting the others in to see you if you're ready, but first we should see if she will latch on to feed". I just nodded and unbuttoned the gown to reveal my breast, the nurse handed her to me. She helped me try to get the baby to latch on, after a few tries we finally got her to and she started to suck. 

      After a few minutes of her crying because she didn't get anything, the nurse got her to latch on again and then the milk started to come out. I felt relieved as she finally seemed soothed after she drank the milk, I burped her and then handed her to Paul who was anxiously waiting to hold her. She snuggled her head against his chest before the others entered the room. 

      Emily and Sam were the first to come and see her, I nodded my head to Paul to make sure that he would share her with the others. I watched as Emily's eyes watered while she looked down to the beautiful girl in her arms, "Cammy, she is beautiful. She has your eyes", I smiled at the fact that she got more than just my nose. 

      Olivia was passed around to every single person in the room, but the one that held her the longest was Jared. He looked down at his niece with a tear slipping down his cheek, "Dammit, she is so perfect. Are you sure that Paul is the father?". I laughed at him but refrained from throwing something at him since he is holding my baby. 

      "Funny Jared. Now keep passing her", he just nodded in acknowledgement while passing her to Quil who was next to him. I just watched as all of them looked in awe as they held her in their arms. I watched until she made her way over to Embry who was sitting in the chair on the opposite side of the bed from Paul. He just watched her in his arms, the look in his eye changing from awe to something more serious when her eyes met his. I recognized that expression and I'm sure everyone else did too. He ended up tightening his grip a little bit while he was deep in thought, causing her to cry out. I held out my hands to him and watched as he placed her head in my hand so that I could pull her to my chest. I just looked at Paul who had seemed confused and slightly angry at what just happened.