Chapter 3

Annie's POV
It's Monday morning and I am awoken by my alarm going off. I groan and then turn it off. I get out of my bed and walk over to my closet. I pick an outfit and do my hair and natural makeup.

Once I'm done I go downstairs and grab a breakfast bar before leaving the house

Once I'm done I go downstairs and grab a breakfast bar before leaving the house. I couldn't get Hayden out of my head all weekend. I finally make it to school and see Kenzie. I walk over to her "hey..." I say. "Hey I didn't see you after you left the party" she says as watch Hayden come up behind her.

He wraps his arms around her waist. He looks at me and I look away. "I-I got to go see you later Kenzie" I say with a lump in my throat. I walk away and head to my locker. Why do I feel like this about him. Ugh my life is complicated.

I close my locker as Asher walks up to me. "Hey" he says to me. "Hey how are you?" I say looking at him. "I'm good... look I just want to ask if you know why Jayden ghosted me" he says in a hurt voice."I don't know I'm sorry Asher" I say with sympathy. "It's ok I'll see you around Annie" he says and walks away.

It was now lunch I walk into the cafeteria when I see Hayden and Kenzie sitting together. I walk over and sit opposite them. "Are you guys a thing or something?" I say raising an eyebrow. "No...why?" Kenzie says to me. "Oh no reason...umm I got to go...I-I will see you in class" and with that I got up and walked away.

I walked up to the roof and leaned over the railing. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turn around to see Hayden. "W-what are you doing up here?" I say as I put my head down. He lifts my chin up making me look at him. "Are you jealous of me and Kenzie?" He says to me.

"I just don't get it you are a player Hayden and you said it yourself you kiss a lot of people. I just don't want her to get hurt..." I say softly. "You know when we were at the party and I caught you and I wanted to kiss you but then you left..." he says looking into my eyes.

I got lost in his eyes. Our eyes are glued to each other. He pulls me closer and starts to lean in. Our faces inches apart. One sudden movement and our lips would be connected. Then the bell rings taking us out of our moment.