Chapter 26

Annie's POV
I walk out onto the pitch waiting for practice to start. Carson walks out and comes over to me. "Hey. How you doing?" He sits down next to me. "I'm good..." he looks at me. "No your not. I know you Annie you're hurting inside. It's ok to be sad. I'm here ok..." he pulls me into hug. Everything he said was true.

We hear someone clear their throat as we pull away from the hug. I look up and roll my eyes at the sight of him. I get up and walk away. My phone starts to ring so I answer it. "Hello?" I wait for a response as Hayden walks up to me. "Hey. It's Jacob." He says into the phone. "Wait how did you get my number Jacob?" I see Hayden roll his eyes.

"I have my ways. So anyways I was wondering if you want to go out sometime?" I giggle. "I'd like that! Text me later. I just have practice at the moment." I say with a smile. "Ok. Bye". "Bye". I smile bigger.

I'm smiling to stop the tears from falling. Hayden still stands in front of me. "Can we talk?" I look at him. "I don't feel like talking to you right now" I walk off. As I walk off I see Lexi walk out.

"What are you doing here?" I say raising an eyebrow. "I go to school here now". I roll my eyes. "Of course you do...just stay away from me. I'm not your friend anymore." I walk off and over to Kenzie and Jayden.

"You good?" Jayden asks. I nod my head. No I'm not but they don't need to know that. I just want this day to be over already. I can't take it anymore with the. Oh are you ok and it'll be fine. And he didn't deserve you anyways. I mean please just leave me alone.

Finally practice is over. I walk over to the bench and grab my water. I watch as everyone leaves. I sit down and take out my phone. I sigh as I scroll through pictures of me and Hayden. He really broke me. First boy to really hurt me.