6: Dealing with a Rat Bastard

I sat there with my head leaning against the steering wheel, my eyes shut and my body limp. There was a sever ache in my chest like nothing I had felt before, it hurt. It was different from the stabbing pains I got during an anxiety attack, it was different from that ache you had when someone close to you had died, this was an ache unlike any other, it was one of hurt, shattered trust and of a broken heart. I kept seeing the flashes of images in my eyes, behind my eyelids. His head, tucked in her neck, his lips on her skin, his hands up her thigh as her leg wrapped around his waist. I kept thinking, maybe it was a misunderstanding, maybe... I tried to rationalize once again but came up empty. That rat bastard. I gave him everything, my time, my money, my heart. I trusted him, I loved him, for god sake we lived together, we treated each other's family as our own, we were planning a life together. A marriage date was set, I had been eyeing off my dress, saving up for it, planning invitations and now... What?

The very idea that I would have to admit he had cheated on me and probably not only once but numerous times angered me more than I ever thought it would. I didn't just, never want to see him again, no, I wanted to wake up tomorrow with his head decapitated and on that darling picket fence he promised me with a sign saying 'I'm a prick and deserved what I got.' That was after I torture him, cut off his manhood and feed it to the goats of course.

My brain hurt trying to rationalize it, trying to find a reason why. What had I done? He had never told me he was unhappy, he never said the sex was bad - even though I'm pretty sure I was getting the bad end of that stick - nothing. If he wasn't happy then why would he suggest setting a date after we had said we were going to wait? He gained nothing from the wedding but my hand and the debt we would be in after paying for it. So why the hell do it?!

Taking a deep breath I opened my eyes and saw the street lights come on. It was getting late - who cares, it's not like you've got a man waiting for you. Shut up Subconscious, not now! I needed to get out, I needed to move my things and leave before I woke up tomorrow beside him and decided I would kill him, then I'd spend so many years in prison and have to get a tattoo - although I'm not too sure any jury would really convict me, Why'd you kill your fiancé? Oh, I found him cheating on me and decided that he didn't deserve to breathe the same air as us decent, truthful and loyal people, in fact I decided that he didn't need to breathe at all. Yeah I can totally see myself going innocent on that one. Maybe I could play the self-defense card, that would do nicely I could get up there on the stand, tears rushing down my distorted face as I cried and explain how he came at me and I had no idea what to do so I hit him with my burning hot frying pan, I didn't mean to burn his face or hit him so hard his head imploded. Ha! Yes that will do nicely, who would think to kill someone that way...

Oh god I need help.

Starting up the car I decided I needed something... something to get my mind off the Bastard whose name will never be spoken again, something who can help me... or someone.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

I stumbled out of the elevator, dropping the empty bottle on the floor. Oops. I went to bend down and pick it up but the floor rocked back and forth like the rocky seas. When did I get on a boat? Funny I never remembered getting on a boat, oh well, I'll get it later. Waving my hand I battled the rocky seas over to the door, there was something on it, some silver symbol...

Squinting a little I examined the symbol that looked like it belonged in an ancient Egyptian language.

"I think it's a dragon." I mumbled, maybe if I look closer. "Are you a dragon?" I asked the silver symbol but it suddenly disappeared as the door opened sending me tumbling toward the deck of this strange boat. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact but it never came, cracking open one eye I looked down at the deck floor and narrowed my eyes at the polished concert... or is it marble? Strange that they would use that on a boat, how are we even staying afloat?