9: An Unremorseful Beginning

Stepping out of the elevator I walked over to Broody's desk ignoring the looks I was getting. I bet everyone here knew that he was cheating on me and I bet they all found it hilarious. Finding his desk I looked back over at Jordan who had just stopped one of the men leaving, telling him discreetly to sit back down. I sat down in his chair for a moment trying to figure out what exactly I was doing and of course trying hard not to think about what he was actually doing at this present moment - certainly not work.

Oh this was a bad idea, a very bad idea, just dump him and leave, don't do this, you're only going to hurt yourself further. My subconscious offered her opinion. No I wanted to do this, and if I was going to do it, then I was going to do it right. Finding my smile I picked up his black handled scissors that sat in his desk and bent down pretending I was picking something off of the floor, just in case one of these bastards in the surrounding cubical were loyal enough to 'he who should not be named.' Getting the scissors I cut through the material of the chair, along the stitching and proceeded to stuff the whoopee cushion under the material - being sure it had enough air in it to make a noise.

"Are you done, or are you just going to give the entire office a strip show while you're here?" Jordan's voice came from behind me. Giving the whoopee cushion one last push I stood up and looked around, sure enough everyone seemed to be staring at my butt. Men.

"Well I didn't want anyone to know what I was doing, did I. And besides, I don't really care if their staring at my ass, it's not like I have a fiancé anymore." I snapped and folded my arms across my body defensively. I knew it wasn't his fault but I just didn't need him give me a lecture about how to bend down, and besides, it's not like anyone could see anything, it's not like my panties were showing and if I want to be a major slut, then I will be - although the only type of slut I would probably be is the sleep around to get a little more experience before I go looking for a new partner, after all I've only ever had sex with one other besides Broody, and that was even more disappointing then Broody, and that's saying something.

Jordan went to say something, and by the look on his face it was an earful but just as the words were about to leave his mouth Broody entered the room, his face dropped a little, and then lifted, giving me a bright smile - that I was itching not to slap off his face - before dropping to a very uncertain glance.

"Babe, what are you doing here?" He said rather cheerfully, leaning in for a kiss while his hand snaked it's self around my waist, moving downward. This was it; this is what Jordan had meant about my acting skills, as far as Broody knew I was nothing more than a dutiful fiancé who loved him - when in reality I was anything but. I had to act as if I loved him, I had to kiss him, I had to pretend to care.

Biting my lip and taking a deep breath I dug deep, deep down for some emotion and tried to hang on to the role of my new character, I call her gullible stupid Mia. "I missed you of course." I told him smiling brightly before leaning into the kiss. I kept it short and sweet much to Broody's dissatisfaction. He tightened his grip on my waist, moving it down to my hip, his hand resting just below my lower stomach. Broody's gaze now focused on his boss. Jordan was clearly not happy with the situation, his face was almost turning red with anger and his clench jaw and fists didn't go unnoticed.

"Is there something you need Sir?" Broody asked with his usual cocky smile, an eye brow rising up.

"Nothing at all, I was just showing Ms Sears, around." Jordan said putting extra emphasis of 'Ms'. I'm not going to lie, this was rather entertaining to watch, and he hadn't even sat on the whoopee cushion yet.

"Well thank you sir, but I can take it from here."

I watched as Jordan slowly retreated to the other side of the room, where he started talking to one of the men who just walked in who I recognized to be Joseph, his driver - oh maybe they found my car!