13: Contrasting the Perfect Complexion

I turned over in the bed, tangling myself in the sheets and groaning into my pillow. The alarm was blaring at an unnaturally high volume echoing in my mind and scattering my thoughts before they could even be collected. The alarm continued for a few more minutes before I jumped up off the mattress and slammed my hand down on Broody's phone, gripping it deathly tight and sliding my finger over the screen to stop the alarm. Looking down at the screen I saw the picture of Broody and I at the beach, his arms wrapped around my waist and his head buried in my neck as I smiled at the camera.

I don't understand why he hasn't changed the photo? Clearly I wasn't what he wanted anymore or else he wouldn't have cheated on me, so why have that photo as his screen saver, he certainly wasn't mine. But what got me even more was why that particular photo, the one where he looks like he couldn't get enough of me, the one where it was mainly me with my smile. Looking at the photo seemed to do weird things to me - pulling at the emotions I had try to burry every time I saw his smile and thought that he loved me still. It was hard to think that photo was only taken three months ago, a time where I thought I knew him, a time where I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

His phone vibrated in my hand and I saw a message come up;

Private Number: I missed your lips last night.

And now the feelings of remorse were suddenly gone. I narrowed my eyes at the phone and tightened my grip even more and unlocking it quickly. He has actually saved the number as 'Private Number' - un bloody believable - and the lack of previous messages shows he deletes it regularly. Nicely played Broody, but I guarantee you're not going to like my next move.

Putting the phone back down I lifted myself up off of the bed and walked into the bathroom hearing the hot spray of the shower and smiled devilishly to myself. I hope you're enjoying that shower babe.

I quickly turned off the fan so that the mirror would fog up and he would be unable to check his reflection before heading outside and making sure all of the mirrors were covered. Walking back into the room I quickly slipped into my blue fitted dress and grabbed my black blazer and black heels - putting them on and brushing my hair back blindly.

I heard the shower stop and the sound of the door and I knew he was out of the shower. I couldn't seem to wipe the smile off of my face as I walked in the room and had to bite my lip as the giggles threatened to come out.

"Off to work?" I asked a smile still plastered on my face.

"Yeah, I got a big meeting with the boss first thing and then a couple of reports to do before another meeting." He told me as he slipped on his slacks and white shirt.

"Well enjoy." I smiled at him and walked towards him tugging on his shirt.

"Yeah sure." He muttered quickly before leaning in and placing a quick kiss on my forehead and walking around me.

I watched Broody leave and quickly got out my phone texting Jordan to Skype me when he got into his first meeting. His reply was almost instant but I didn't bother checking it and just grabbed my bag and walked out of the apartment, heading towards my car. A quick drive later, I walked into my building with a wide smile on my face. The looks I was getting from my colleagues were ones of surprise and confusion - I knew what they were thinking, I had probably gotten laid this morning but in fact it was so much better than getting all hot and bothered only to have little satisfaction. No this was better, this was sweet beautiful revenge that granted me great satisfaction.

I quickly walked into Julie's office and yelled out to her. "Jules, come with me you're going to want to see this." I smiled at her and grabbed her hand - pulling her to her feet and dragging her behind me.