5: His Lustful Gaze

“I want ice cream.” Julie said as she laid across the guest armchair while I sat at my desk typing away - actually doing some work, unlike a certain someone across from me.

I looked up at her and narrowed my eyes. “Then go get ice cream.”

“I don’t want to go alone, then I look like some loner getting ice cream.”

I rolled my eyes at her logic. Of course and we can’t have that now can we? “Well if you wait until I’m done I can go with you before I meet with my client.”

“Yeah but what flavor?” She sounded a little off with the fairies today.

“Don’t you usually get chocolate?”

“Your right. Stick with what you love, that way you’ll never be disappointed.” She kicked her feet and smiled for a moment before her smile dropped. Oh god, what now? “But what do I get in it? Do I want gummy bears? M&M’s?” She gasped all of a sudden making me jump. “Or Marshmallows.” She narrowed her eyes at the wall while she thought about it.

What the hell is wrong with just plain ice cream?

“Whatever you want Julie.” I shook my head and focused back on my work.

Typing away for a few minutes I noticed she was quiet, too quiet. Julie was never quiet. Frowning my brow I looked up just in time to see her bounce up off the chair and run out of the room like she was running a sprint. With confusion filling me I pushed myself off my chair and walked out of the room slowly, turning my head from side to side as I came to the door. What the hell?

“She went that way, to the bathrooms I think.” Christy my assistant told me, pointing to my right.

“Thanks.” I muttered as I went in search of Julie.

Turning the corner I walked into the bathroom to hear her emptying her stomach. I flinched at the door and waited a moment. I had a strong stomach, usually but I didn’t know if it were that strong as to walk in there and be ok with it. Waiting a moment until I couldn’t hear anything I walked in to the room and found her leaning against the toilet bowl. I walked up to her and started rubbing small circles on her back in a comforting way whilst pulling her hair back with the other hand.

“You ok Jules?” I asked knowing the answer. Clearly not.

“Do I look ok?” She snapped back. Damn I was a little off.

“Well, I don’t know about you but I think the ice cream can wait another day or two” I said with a smile hearing her chuckle a little.

She pulled back from the toilet and I went to go get her a piece of paper towel. Bringing it to her she padded her face clean and got up off the floor with my help. She walked over to the sink and splashed some water on her face. I looked at her in the mirror and gave her a small smile.

“Are you ok?” I asked again.

“Yeah I’m fine, just a bug I think, I felt a little crappy this morning.” She admitted.

I nodded in understanding. “Go home Jules.”

“Will do.” She gave me a mock two finger salute and walked out of the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror at my reflection I rubbed my eyes and pinched my checks a little to get a little colour in them. Taking my hair out of it’s tight bun I let it hang down in its wavy curls and pushed it to the side, smoothing out my black pencil skirt and tight white top that was my standard uniform. I briefly thought about dressing up a little more before going to see Jordan Wilder for our meeting, this time at work, which means the same building that Broody worked in.