31: The Decisions of Dress

It has been a little over a month now and Broody's calls have finally died down. He called me every few days and left messages but I deleted them before I even listened to them. I have only been back home for a week now, and Matt had come to move himself in. After spending time with John, Lara and her son it was nice to be back home. I was warming up to Lara and was confident she was good for John but they seemed like a family already – without me – and although I didn't feel unwanted or unneeded I thought it was best to give them a chance to be a family without me raining on their parade.

Matt and I have been packing up the boxes of Julie's things all day – all except the Xbox which Matt has claimed is staying here. With the decisions made Julie had taken Thomas up on his offer – whatever that maybe – and left Matt and I to move in to our old place. She also about a week after moving announced that she and Thomas were getting engaged, which, as you can imagined shocked everyone who's last name wasn't Wilder.

I was walking down the street when my phone buzzed. Another message from Jordan. He has been constant in his texts and occasional calls asking me how I was doing, if I was still alive and what I was up to. My feelings for the man in question hadn't shifted or altered in anyway, they just laid dormant under my skin – making my hands twitch every time he entered my mind. This reaction was what made me a little nervous about seeing him again, it will be the first time since he drove me to the airport and we said our goodbyes and I wasn't entirely sure what was going to happen or, more importantly, what I wanted to happen.

Was he going to have a date at the party? Would he still want me? Has he changed much since I last saw him? – god knows I have. All these questions were running through my mind making no space for any other information.

I opened the door to dress shop on the main city strip and before long saw the familiar skinny figure with her light brown hair freshly dip dyed blond frowning at a red dress. I snuck up behind her and leaned in to her hear. "Boo."

Her scream could probably be heard from Mars but her elbow that soon buried itself in my rip cage shook my entire body. "I don't see you for a month and this is how you welcome me?"

"Well you don't sneak up on me you bitch." She pulled me up right and pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged her back realising just how much I missed her and how much her stomach has grown in only a month.

"Naw look who's getting fat." I said like I was talking to a baby "What are you three, four months now?"

"Four and trust me I am not happy about it. I can't fit into this dress and it's so pretty." She complained.

"You can fit into a dress, just maybe not a skin tight skimpy dress; try something a little more flary."

"Fine." She moved the dress aside and we both started looking through the racks.

I picked up a few dresses and walked into the change rooms to try them on. The first was an interesting design, the bodice of the dress was cream coloured and outlined black with black lace trimmings around the edge, the top of the dress had both a halter neck and straps which I found oddly nice, the bottom of the dress was a thin see through material that ran down to my ankles with a slit at the side and black shorts underneath that sat mid-high thigh. I tried the dress on doing a little twirl in the mirror and taking a photo so that I could compare it to the others. The next dress I tried on was a black dress that faded to a deep blue at the bottom; this one also had a slit at the side and blue rhinestones under the left breasts and down the left side of my waist.

I took a photo of the dress and quickly changed back into my clothes. I was a little unsure of which one to get. I leaned against the wall and waited for Julie to come out. She walked out of the change rooms in a gorgeous light pink dress, it hugged her breasts and came in a little for her waist giving it shape but quickly flared out before her small baby bump was noticed.