21: Unsusceptible to Conversation

"Mia! What the hell are you doing? You can't just barge in here like that!" Jordan scolded me.

I was still standing there completely confused with my mouth hanging open and scrapping the floor. There Jordan sat on his chair, his hands gripping a deck of cards or was Jordan the other man sitting on the other side of the desk, gripping his deck of cards. Yeah my worst nightmares were coming true, there were two of them.

"Wait what?"

Jordan – at least I think it was Jordan – stood up from his chair and walked over to me. The minute I glanced in his eyes I knew this was Jordan. "I said you can't barge in here like that. Now turn around, knock and then walk in." He suggested with a smirk.

"Wait which one is Jordan?" Julie quickly said before Jordan could shove us out of the room.

"Uh me, why?" He said and eyed Julie spuriously. I looked into his eyes and saw little recognition.

"Right. Now which one is the one I slept with?" She said getting straight to the point. Jordan flinched seemingly a little stunned at her question – or was it her directness? While what I would assume was his brother just leaned against the desk with his hands in his pockets. His eyes were green as well but different – more green with a yellow ting to them where Jordan's appeared more blue green. His gaze traveled to each and every one of us as if way up a decision.

Slowly he looked eyes with Jordan and it was as if there was a secret conversation going on between them before he rolled his eyes and stuck his hand up in the air like a six year old answering a question in class. He held his hand up for a moment before seeing Julies glare and then casually moved it to scratch his head. Nice move other Jordan.

Everyone turned to stare at him. Both Julie and Jordan were glaring at him while was just looking for the differences and similarities between the two. They looked about the same age, the other one looked a little taller but that could be because of the different hair style.

"Why do I feel like I'm on trial here?" he asked and gave a worried look.

"Because you are." Jordan said through clenched teeth, he looked mad, like madder than I have ever seen him.

"I'm pregnant and it's yours. Have a nice life." Julie quickly blurted out before spinning around on her heel and walking out of the room. Jordan's eyes widened and he raised his eye brows at me before looking back at his brother with an expressionless glare.

The other Jordan slouched and looked beyond shocked, he looked like Julie had just walked up to him and slapped him with a fish before walking out with nothing but a word. He looked between me and Jordan with panic in his eyes. "What do I do?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "You go after her you idiot and tell her you want to be apart the baby's life." I said losing control of my brain to mouth filter. Did I just call him an idiot? Oops.

"And if I don't?"

"Thomas!" Jordan yelled scolding the other Jordan – Thomas.

"Fine, relax I'm going." He held up his hands and ducked his head as if waiting for a hit and quickly started walking out of the office and after Julie.

When the door shut I looked over at Jordan and couldn't help but smile at the whole situation. He looked at me with a number of emotions but the main one I was picking up on was confusion. Jordan gave me a soft smile and made his way back over to his desk chair where he slouched down and relaxed into the plush soft fabric. I followed him over and decided to sit on his desk with my foot resting on the chair beside his leg.

"So your brother I take it?" I said raising an eye brown at him questionably.

"Twin actually."

"Ah I see." I smiled happy to know that I can pick him from his twin and still a little relieved that it wasn't Jordan who was Julie's baby daddy.