29: The Unwanted Hot Fires

"Why isn't he doing anything?" I grumbled and leaned against the glass – thankfully it was darkly tinted and there was no way anyone could see in unless they had their head pressed against it, just I was now.

"Because, he is actually doing work for once." Jordan mumbled as he flipped through the papers, giving everything one last look over before sliding them into my bag for me. "Make sure you leave them on the bench when you leave but don't open them okay?"

I rolled my eyes. He had told me not to open the envelope about ten times in the past ten minutes. A part of me was beginning to get curious about what was actually in there? - although I did trust Jordan that it was only the legal documents for the mortgage and Broody's two weeks notice, something had me curious.

"Yeah, yeah, no open, got it." I waved him off and went back to staring at Broody. I had so elegantly persuaded Mr high and mighty Wilder over here to provide a distraction last night - which of course was simply him giving Broody more work and a small lecture about his insignificant capabilities - while I snuck Broody's 'secret' packet of condoms that he kept in his right desk draw and took them away for a short time. I had poked a small hole in each condom packet and soaked them in the Habanero pepper juice for the night before going back to Broody's office this morning and putting them back where I found them before he arrived, but now that I had my final prank to play on the cheater before I left his ass he hadn't budged to cheat on me.

I was oddly irked and grateful at the same time.

"Okay this is getting old and annoying. I have work to do today." Jordan muttered as he walked out of the conference room where we were. I went to follow him but was quickly stopped by his hand on my stomach, pushing my back slightly. "Stay in here and lock the door so no one can come in." He ordered in the deep husky tone that made my body shiver.

I took a step back and let him close the door before reaching up and locking it into place and wondering over to the long table. sitting down on one of the chairs, I pulled out my phone unsure of really what to do while I waited for him to come back. What was he doing anyways? And why couldn't I go?

I frowned and looked at my messages, Julie, Matt and John. My finger hovered over John's name for a moment. I really did miss him. Maybe what I needed after this was some time away, away from everything, all the drama, away from any reminders of the life I once shared. Even away from my Benefactor - Jordan. Sometime to re-think everything. Pouting as I looked at John's name again I decided to look up flights and see if there were any going for a cheap price.

There was a knock at the door and I jumped at the sound. I pulled myself off the chair and walked over to the door unlocking it and stepping aside for Jordan to walk in.

"You didn't even check if it was me."

"Who else would think to knock on a door that is normally never locked?" I mumbled and waited for him to explain where he had disappeared to. But he didn't. "So what did you do?"

"Nothing, now sit down and watch." He moved me over to the chair.

I rolled my eyes and sat down, fiddling with my phone for a little bit more, before I glanced back up at Broody's desk. I noticed the receptionist from down stairs walking down the aisle of men and women at their work stations. It was only then that I recognised the blond from the restaurant. It was her? I have been walking past this woman for the past few months, greeting her with a smile as I entered this building. The thought somehow made me feel a little sick.

She stalked over to Broody's desk where she sat down on his desk – just like I had done once before – and crossed her legs and pressed her heel against his leg, seductively running it up and down his pants. She smiled and flirted - not as subtly as she thought she was. Broody held out his hand to her and didn't look too interested in the offer her legs were making. The blond handed him the file and waited there a moment longer, while he looked through it and started typing on his computer once again - was he actually trying to ignore her? She leaned in to him more so, her face holding her composure but her eyes held the annoyance of rejection like burning flames. She moved her leg up his once again and slid her hand over his thigh getting higher and higher to catch his attention. He stopped working and faced her, his brow frowned and started talking to her, his hands interlacing and sitting just above his groin.

"What do you think they're saying?" I said to no one really in particular.

"What do you want them to say?" Jordan answered moving in behind me and I could feel the heat radiating off him like a blanket. I longed to just wrap myself up in that blanket.

It was a good question. What did I want him to say? No sorry I'm engaged? Was that what I wanted? For him to start actually caring about the ring on his finger? I looked back at Jordan to find him watching me closely, almost as if he were trying to read my mind, to make sense of my scattered thoughts. I sighed and gave Jordan a reassuring smile. I didn't care if Broody suddenly had a conscience, mine had long left me with my list, and I'll be damned if I don't finish it.

Broody had finally decided to go with the blond but not before he secretly went into his draw and pulled out a condom. The blond walked over to the conference room a few rooms over and a few minutes later Broody was up and walking into the same room. I didn't feel accomplished or even joyful that he had gone with her, but it didn't hurt either. I was numb to the whole situation, it was finally, over. I had been angry, vengeful and sad, but now, now I was accepting and able to let it go. Sure the memory would hurt me every time I would revisit it but right now I was going to enjoy the fact that the cheater and the home-wrecker are about to feel my very hot revenge.

Barely five minutes later and the once near silent office slowly turned their attention to the conference room Broody and the Blond had entered. Their screams echoed through the halls making me smile devilishly.

"Fuck, that's hot, what the fuck?!" Her high pitched scream could be heard throughout the entire building.

I smirked sadistically as I heard them scream at how hot it was. The two came out of the room and almost ran into another door that I knew led to the bathroom. Yeah, I could only imagine how hot it truly was, it would be like a small fire burning, and not the kind of burning you would want.

I felt Jordan's hand hover near mine, his slight touches were a comfort but I found myself wanting more. I turned around and stared up into his bright sea green eyes ringed by a bright sky blue. He reached up and cupped my cheek, running his thumb over my cheek and I thought for a moment that he might kiss me.

"You better go home and pack." He whispered.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Ok so this is super short and I know the last one was too but I really have no idea what else to put in there, everything has been said and now it's just time to go home and end things. Sorry guys but it's all coming to an end so get out your party hats and balloons.

Please Vote and Comment

~Dream_big96