18: The Direction of Conversation

"How the hell does this even work" I grumbled as I laid there on my back, my legs in the air and my eyes, sore from what I was seeing. It would be really awkward if someone walked through my apartment car park right now and saw me like this. I wouldn't know what to say to them or how to explain it. I would probably just blush and avoid them until I moved away.

I was in the drivers' seat – well kind of. I had very awkwardly lowered myself down laid my back on the floor with my head under the steering wheel – resting on the foot pedals – and my feet up in the air losing circulation. I had my wire cutters in hand and was staring blankly at all of the wires that were in front of me. I didn't know what to do. I had seen in the movies where people had cut wires and stuck them together and different things happened but I had no idea if it actually worked – because, you know, you can't trust movies.

I took out my phone and my finger hovered over Jordan's number. He knew a lot about cars, that I knew but I haven't called or spoken to him in any way in a week and a half since I had pulled my last plot – leaving me rather stuck under the steering wheel of a car with no idea what it is I'm doing.

So naturally I started cutting any and every wire I could find. After cutting most of the wires I decided to match them up by colour, this colour looked pretty with that one and this with that one. Putting the wires together I got a little bit of sticky tape hoping it would help with keeping them in place I shoved them – rather roughly – back in behind the body of the car. Feeling proud of myself for actually doing it without the help of a man I tried to get up off of the floor and hit my head on the bottom of the wheel sending me back down on my back.

Owe.

I then tried wiggling my but back to get out but realized that the seat was there. How did I even get down here in the first place? I wiggled myself to the side and tried to climb up using the wheel and the hand break – it was great until I realized that my body wasn't meant to bend so much and my legs weren't meant to twist in the other direction.

So I did what any normal girl would do in this situation. I called a friend.

"Julie" I whined as she picked up the phone. "I'm stuck and I need your help."

"What do you mean you're stuck?" She questioned her voice heavy from sleep.

"I mean I am on my back under the steering wheel with my legs in the air and I cant get up. I think I can roll out of the door but I can't reach the handle." I complained and crossed my fingers hoping she would come and get me.

"Well that's what you get for being short."

"Hey you're short too!"

"Yeah but it looks better on me." He giggled and I felt myself calm down. "I'll be there in ten."

And eight minutes of me playing angry birds on my phone Julie knocked on the car window. She glanced down for a minute and I watched as he took in my appearance and fell backwards. Her laughter could be heard from Mars. "Julie!" I called out not wanting to stay under here any longer.

"Sorry but trust me, if you could see yourself you'd be laughing too." She giggled as she opened the door but instead of helping me out she just started taking pictures.

"Jules, help me."

"Oh yeah right." She said like it hadn't crossed her mind before.

She grabbed my hand and I used her to lift my back off the ground and pull myself over to the edge and out of the car, swinging my legs out of the car and sitting up. The rush of blood leaving my head made me a little light headed and my tummy turned for a moment.