4: A night of Relations

“Why didn’t you tell me that it was meant to be a restaurant?!”

“It was in the file.” She answered, with a sweet an innocent smile that made me want to go throw up in a corner somewhere.

“No it wasn’t!” I yelled back, my voice escalating to one of fierce potential.

“No?” her eyebrows raised before she scoffed and gave me the most sarcastic look on the planet. “Well it was meant to, I am so sorry.” She mocked an apology and put her hand over her heart dramatically.

“You know what.” I began my voice lowering a little. “Why don’t you shove your precious little file up your ass and then tell me your sorry, oh wait that’s right, you’d never be able to fine it again once it’s up there.”

I spun around before she could answer me back and I was tempted to king hit her right then and there and made my way over to my office. Stopping at my desk I ran my hands through my hair repeatedly, closing my eyes and trying my hardest to calm myself down.

The sound of a slight knock at the door caught my attention making me look back over my shoulder to see Julie casually leaning against the door frame; she was biting her lip and pinching her hand so that she didn’t burst out laughing.

“Don’t, please don’t.” I warned as I shook my head. I knew Julie wasn’t there in the room or else she would have just pushed me out of the way and started to tackle Rose to the ground herself but no doubt she heard it from another room.

“Ok. I won't. Do you want to get something to eat?” She asked, a slight chuckle escaped her lips but other than that she was in full controlled.

Taking a deep breath I nodded yes and proceeded to, grab my things and follow her out of the building.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Julie and I walked into a classy restaurant named ‘Charlies’ which Julie had assured me had the best pasta I will ever taste – ha yeah right! – But I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. It was a classy place, we were seated at a small rounded table with a red table cloth styled with candles in the middle, truthfully this was all very interment and formal but if the food was good I wasn’t complaining. The waiter came and took our order although I’m pretty sure Julie wanted his ass as a side dish judging by the way she was staring at it.

The waiter left us to ourselves to place our order and I couldn't help but smile at the awkward silence that we soon found ourselves in. We rarely found ourselves in an awkward silence or any type of silence at all, Julie didn’t let that happen but today was different, you could almost see the conversation and questions itching under her skin. I could only imagine what some of them were, I wonder which one she will go for?

“So… I heard what happened with Rose.” Ah so it was the most recent one. Damn I had my money on something else.

“Oh god” I muttered to myself and put my head in my hands. I can’t even escape it.

“Well done, I mean I didn’t think you had it in you.”

“Can we please talk about something else?” I said trying to divert her, my voice muffled by my hands.

“The way you just yelled at her in front of all the newbies, and then when you told her to shove her precious little file up her ass. Priceless!” She beamed at me, the laughter and entertainment clear in her voice.

“Julie. Please I’m begging you.” I groaned hoping she would take mercy on me.

“Ok, ok, fine.” She waved it off and began looking around the room for a new topic of conversation which may provide at least a little entertainment. “What do you want to talk about?”