| facility ✭

// TW: Massive angst, death, mental illnesses, torture mention, r*pe mention, swearing
ROMAN ANGST!!

This is a description of roman and what he has:

Roman- PTSD, tourettes, anxiety, panic attacks
—————————————————

"We're taking you back,"

"We have decided to change our mind about you being our son."

"We would like to take you back to the centre."

Roman had heard these plenty of times before,
Every. Single. Time.
He's never had normal parents for even a week, the highest being with a couple was four weeks before his night terrors and his stress disorder played up. Sometimes, even Roman's tourettes made the couple take him back to the foster care centre.

Roman sat in his tenth couple's room, this couple were young and had just decided to take an older teen into their family and god. It's already been five weeks and they've been doing fine. That obviously meant Roman was happy, the adults helped the teen through his disorders and they all worked well together. Except when going out in public, they forced Roman to wear clothes that he didn't want to wear. He had to cover his entire skin that showed with clothes, otherwise the couple refused to take him out. That is because Roman was covered in burns from the traumatic event years ago. When Roman disobeyed, punishments were planned by most of them. Locking him up in a cupboard, leaving him outside in a wild storm, rape or just not feeding him at all. They treated Roman like,,, well, shit.

Once again, after this family had gotten along for at least five weeks and a half... Roman was, of course, sent back again. Back to the foster care centre. But this time he never slept, never ate, never spoke, never listened to others and didn't leave his room, even when couples came by. He was broken and destroyed, his tourettes were playing up worse then ever and he was so distressed.

—————————————————

When Roman was a young teen, about 15, something traumatic happened. He watched his parents pass away from a shooting, he was caught in a fire during that, a bomb exploding to add to the traumatic event. Roman was traumatised from the day, watching his parents die just like that. He was badly injured and the doctors mentioned how he was going to be healing for years and when Roman turned 18 he was finally allowed out of the hospital, it was horrible for two years was he healing his now weak body.

The thing to add is that Roman has tourettes, a nervous system disorder that he had developed during his childhood. His biological parents helped him a lot though. After that happened with his parents, he lost everything.. he was broken. Roman was officially sent into adoption/foster care. He never had any good luck, each couple taking him in, realising he had issues, then took him back. And then repeating. After about ten times of being taken in and then bring back his mental heath become worse and so did his tourettes, he was sent into a mental illness facility.

—————————————————
5 months later

Patton, a nurse in the facility, was in the kitchen getting Roman's pills ready for the day once again, "Roman!" Patton chirped happily, "your pills are ready!" Patton placed them on the main kitchen's counter with a glass of water to help wash them down when he drank them, although... there was no sound of a door opening and closing, just complete silence except for a few mumbles of softer voices for more patients. It definitely concerned the nurse.

The silence was Roman, kept up in his room that was padded up with white everything, everything had to be white. Otherwise it triggered him. He still hadn't gotten used to this facility. Roman heard the call and flinched a bit, frowning. He curled in on himself in the corner of the little room, he's been here for a couple of months now but he was so claustrophobic of this small space and he hadn't told anyone. Whenever things got too stressful, his tourettes played up a ton and that's why. He whimpered as he hugged himself, not answering Patton's call. He didn't want to take the pills at all, also afraid of what happened last week might happen again. (Roman tried to swallow the pills with no water and well- lets just say that didn't end well-)

Roman whimpered again and rubbed his eyes, twitching as he got more stressed. He started mumbling things to himself, attempting to calm himself. But, things escalated and he began screaming into his hands.
Patton gently opened the door, his heart shattering, "Roman, I'm going to come touch you, is that okay? It's just patton, remember? Just dad?" Patton asked not wanting to scare Roman.

Roman's breathing sped up, tears rolling down his cheeks now. "Wanna... wanna go... wanna go home... home please...." he pleaded, mumbled to himself. His mind talking back. He started to twitch worse, screaming loudly. He couldn't hear Patton at all. Patton slowly put his hands around Roman and started rocking back and fourth, "shhh, it's okay Roman, Patton's here, you're safe, I promise you okay? it's okay," he said softly.
Roman whimpered and pushed him back, his nails dug into his scalp now, screaming as he covered his ears with his own hands. When his breath stopped he sobbed and choked before screaming again.

Patton went straight back to Roman holding his hands not in a forceful way but just a lovingly, delicate way, treating Roman like glass. "Roman, it's okay. No one else is here. shhhh, I'm patton you're safe. you're going to be okay, you're alright remember? I won't ever let anything happen to you," he kisses the top of his forehead, it definitely wasn't allowed but it seemed to always calm Roman so he continued this as a gentle manner.
Roman whimpered and shook, twitching violently. "I- Fuck off! I-I need... need- f-fuck! Need water..." he managed to get out, his tourettes getting to the stage of swearing and saying things he desperately didn't want to say.

Patton practically jumped up and ran over to where the pills were and grabbed the water too, rushing back over and handing the items to him, "here, Ro. drink as much as you need," Patton helped him drink since roman was shaking a ton, holding his arm straight gently and his other hand holding his hip for balance.

Roman drank the water with Patton's help, panting when he pulled back. He fell back against the wall exhausted now, stil shaking and twitching a bunch.

After a long while of calming and taking care of Roman, it felt like Roman had thousands of panic attacks and trauma attacks too. Every two days it just kept getting worse, until another patient Logan was brought into his new room next to Roman's. Logan had been here for almost his entire life after being abandoned by his parents, the cause being his explosive disorder and his heightened ADHD. Since no one supported him he came here himself, being the smart cookie he was.

Roman and Logan got along from that day on, the first day they met. They went into Roman's room and spoke for a bit, sharing problems and ranting about one another's life, they got along quite well actually. Roman was quickly curing, but not fast enough for doctors in the facility. They thought of Roman as a tortoise recovering pace, he was still terrified of course and that was bad...

Logan was allowed out two years later and Roman... wasn't. He was still scared, even as Logan insisted on helping Roman out. He had promised Roman that he'd return every day.

// should I make a part two to this as well?