| royalty children ✭

Royal AU!
Roman and remus are young children

~ Queen Jane and King Fredrick bond with their new two sons, Roman, Remus.

——————————-~—————————

1528, early morning, sun rising in East.
2:23am

Close thunder clashes and lightening brightening up the whole kingdom were heard and seen inside of the castle and in the room with two singles beds. These bed's were for a seven year old Roman and Remus. But only one out of the two sons were fast asleep in a deep slumber that their parents insisted them all to get sleep before the storm started after telling a tale of their past. Roman, being the only one not asleep, was staring out of the window watching the town light up and then go back to dark again with each lightening that lit up the sky like millions and millions of lamps. He watched the way no one was around yet no one was up, everything was abandoned and dark.

Unlike the usual confident, bubbly seven year old this was scary to Roman. Roman didn't understand the feeling, his parents told them to be brave and that he was the strongest warrior in the whole entire town! Roman believed that was him so he leaned his head against the glass window until he flinched back from a loud clap of thunder, he turned and watched their bedroom door slowly creak open from the strong winds and then slam the door back shut again. Roman let out a small, scared whimper and looked around desperately. He wanted to wake his brother up but he wanted to be strong and brave otherwise he would disappoint his parents. He couldn't let his parents know he was scared of a storm. Roman swallows thickly and waddles over to his bed, sitting down. He managed to calm himself, the mechanism his mother had taught him.

In for six
Out for 5

He did this for a while before another crash of thunder erupted like a volcano from the dark, clouded skies. That did it for Roman, he took out his plastic sword that his mother had gotten him for his birthday last year and held it in his grasp as he slowly made his way out to the halls. Roman slowly turned the door handle and peeks out, looking left and right in the halls filled with antique photographs of every ruler that's lived in this kingdom. Roman and his brother shared the room that used to be a meeting room for older and higher anarchies. Roman's favourite old ruler was his mother's grandfather, his mother had said that she fought the strongest king and won for her kingdom. Roman was super inspired by her, he never new girls could be so powerful and the loved the thought of a women being manly and strong if she wanted to be.

Roman began creeping out of their room, the halls were pitch dark and Roman couldn't see anything. He carefully closed the door that was almost too high for him to reach and looked around after it was shut carefully.
The winds outside were creating awfully terrifying sounds, making Roman's ears ring and his brain to be full of thoughts that something could go wrong. Anything. He sighed heavily and began shaking with coldness and fear, he was only sleeping in a tank top and some shorts and when it's raining and snowing outside it got freezing in the nights at their town but Roman was never awake this late so he never realized.

The small prince began to walk down the halls, looking for his parents room even if it really was as dark as deep in a cave. None of the torches that helped the castle be brighter were on in safety of their family. Roman teared up, he wasn't used to feeling so overwhelmed with some emotion he didn't know how to control. He was terrifying, absolutely petrified. He's never had to deal with something as scary as this by himself before, he sniffled and looked up at a large two doored room after he had been walking for a while around the castle. He looked up at the two door knobs, reaching for them carefully. He slid his hand and twisted his wrist to open one of the large doors. He watched as something clicked and he flinched back as the handle turned faster and his mother was seen now in the dark through the now open door. "Roman?" She starts, looking down at her scared son. "Are you okay?"