𝐌𝐒 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍! richie

ms jackson by outkast

"ms jackson!" the teacher yelled, grabbing the attention of the sleep deprived girl. "if i catch you sleeping again, i will have to give you a detention." he smacked his ruler against his desk.

"sorry sir." y/n jackson groaned.
it was like this every day.

"maybe you should wear some makeup.
those bags look like they could carry a whole grocery store." the boy snorted, earning laughs from the rest of their classmates. richie tozier watched as she pushed her body away from the desk and stomped out of the classroom. he felt his heart tug, but dismissed it immediately.

y/n likes bad boys.

"somebody go get that girl." the teacher snarled at his students as he turned around to facepalm himself. "she's a lost cause."

beverly marsh had stood up, answering with a quick 'yeah' and stepping out into the cold hallway. she had just missed the bathroom door shut. her legs ran a bit faster, her boots thudding with hope to make the girl feel better.

everybody knew that y/n was tired.
but she was always sleeping
she slept in class at the back of the classroom,
her lack of attention to the teachers caused her grades to drop. she was at the top of the grade, taking the most advanced academic classes. she was on the verge of dropping a
whole grade.

the four bathroom stalls were empty apart from the fifth one, the stall known as y/n's.
she always took it during break. even when it was taken she would loiter outside until the person was done. girls said they never heard the toilet be used and everyone assumed she just sat there and graffitied the walls.

y/n heard the thumping of beverly's boots,
as well as seeing them tucked together underneath the stall.

"you okay in there?" she knocked three times with the knuckle of her pointer finger, earning a chuckle and a hushed voice. "ecstatic."
"sure?" beverly slowly pulled out a credit card, one she stole from mr keene. she knew for a fact that she wasn't using the toilet.

"why do you care? can you leave please?" her question left beverly in slight shock. she froze for a bit, thinking of a nice answer. "because i think you're cool. i want to be your friend," she slid the card in between the lock and it clicked, the red card flicking to a green, signalling it was vacant or more so unlocked.

the door creaked open. the weak led light reached y/n, who was sitting cross legged on the toilet lid, her head in her hands. she perked her head up at the noise. stray hairs framed her face and stuck to the wetness of her face. her eyes looked red and bloodshot with tears. a small trail of snot seeped down to her
cupid's bow.

"hey, don't cry. what's wrong?" beverly cooed, dropping to her knees and grabbing y/n's wrists softly. her fingertips felt the tears that seemed into her sweater's sleeves. "was it richie? don't listen to that asshole. he thinks he's cool."