𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐄! miles

like or like like me by miniature tigers

although he wouldn't admit it,
miles fairchild had fallen hopelessly in love with his nanny's niece, y/n l/n.

it started on the first day when she walked in,
hair blown in different directions and looking dishevelled. she had four bags in her grasp and her aunt had none. miles already scolded the nanny for making such a gorgeous girl
do such work.

"let me help you with that." he smiled warmly at her, taking two bags from her.
"thanks. i'm y/n." she wasted no time in outing her hand out for him to shake.
he chuckled at her movements, "you shake hands?" miles watched as her expression dropped along with her hand. he instantly felt guilty. "i think it's cool." he had quickly saved himself. they shook hands, small sparks igniting in both's hearts. "i'm miles."

a few weeks later, y/n had given him a grey sweatshirt with a picture of a cat and streamers. he thought it was dumb and straight up told her, smiling at her flabbergasted expression. that night he had worn it and went down to get a snack. the nutella smeared on the collar of the sweatshirt and he panicked, dropping the knife and nutella jar on the counter and running up to her room.

y/n's door was slightly agape and miles watched as she slowly pulled her shirt off,
seeing as though it was the middle of june.
he did nothing but stand there and watch her,
feeling his cheeks light up with redness.

everybody in the house knew they would flirt but they didn't. miles would constantly tease her about them dating and how he would shower her with love. he loved watching her flush with embarrassment.

miles had finally gained the courage to ask
y/n how she felt about him. he stood shaking
at her closed door, fist raised and about to knock on the door. he did but quickly ran away
as soon as he heard her say 'just a minute!'

he felt stupid and laughed at himself as soon as he heard the door closed.

he felt stupid that he had let a girl like y/n
melt his heart. the only thing miles could do was laugh at himself and how he should've just went for it.

miles couldn't cope with the fact that he had really just knocked and ditched.

aspen speaks!
TREE 🌲 🌳