𝐌𝐄 & 𝐔𝐑 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓! mike

requested by -STREETFIGHTER STINKYme & ur ghost by blackbear

me & ur ghost by blackbear

it's been almost a year since she vanished.
a year was so long to mike.
it had been so long since he had seen y/n.
he blamed himself for not helping her in any way to defeat the demogorgon but there was nothing he could possibly do.

a strange presence would follow him around
at times but whenever he faced it, it vanished.

the a.v club would constantly groan over the fact that he was so hung over y/n and her disappearance even when they were sad about it themselves. he would mope around, even becoming so depressed that he saw her.

everywhere.

in his room when he slept, across the school yard, outside of his window when he ate dinner with his family and even in the basement when he sat alone in tent.

the wallow talkie always sat in his hand with the static echoing throughout his ears. mike thought she would communicate with him through it, but she never did.

astral projection was hard when she was alone.
hopper would constantly come home late and it drove her insane about how he lied. y/n found out that she could travel through the darkness.
she once again sat cross legged on the floor with a blindfold over her eyes and the box television playing a badly connected channel, the static drowning out her surroundings.

she sat next to him with shaky breaths.
he looked as miserable as he normally did,
dried tears sat weakly on his cheeks and the heavy walkie talkie he constantly spoke into sat on his hands. all she wanted to do was hug him and tell him that everything was okay-

that she was okay.

mike felt a chill run down his spine, urging him to look up. he gave in and felt a presence next to him. y/n's breaths started to pick up as mike stared into her eyes. she broke into tears, trying to grab him and hold him in her arms.

"mike!" she reached out, trying to grab his wrist, yet her hand went right through him.
"m-mike." her voice was broken and hurt as she heard his mother call him from upstairs.

he shook his head, breaking out of his trance and let go of the walkie, dusting off his pants and rushing upstairs.

she pulled off her blindfold and broke into even more of a sob, pulling in her knees and dropping her head in between her legs.

mike shuffled the broccoli around on his plate, watching it push through the pool of gravy.
he didn't want to see her through the window but he couldn't resist. mike looked up and to no avail, she wasn't there. instead, she was sat comfortably on ted's lay-z-boy, the chair she had once been so fascinated by.

she sat forward, her gaze set on the coca-cola ad on the television. he watched her smile and turn towards him, instantly dropping the smile and walking towards the bathroom. mike abruptly dropped his fork against the ceramic and ran towards the bathroom, his breathing stopping when he saw no trace of y/n.

it's just me and your ghost!

aspen speaks!
sorry if thsi wasn't the best amelia
i am sorry :(