𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑! mike

requested by -urprettygirl <3heather by conan gray

heather by conan gray

on the third of december, mike wheeler, the boy who had stolen y/n l/n's heart, had given her his favourite sweater.

"it looks better on you than it does on me."
she spun around in joy, knowing that she was almost adorable in his eyes. "really?" she stopped and crossed her arms, waiting for him to answer. "of course."

but y/n always watched his eyes went wide at the sight of her. when eleven would pass by him to go to talk to max, his eyes would light up. mike was practically a lantern in the presence of eleven. y/n would smile,
telling herself that she wasn't his.
he was allowed to switch.

and she couldn't blame el. she was beautiful.
she was what max would describe 'a sight for sore eyes' and what dustin would joke about her being 'brighter than a blue sky.'
y/n was jealous.

she always wore mike's sweater at night, even on warm nights. the loose end of a polyester thread would find its way tugged in between her fingers. she would imagine him kissing her and telling her that he liked her back.
all she wanted was love.

mike asked for his sweater back a month or two later. she gave it to him reluctantly. el was more flirty and heart eye'd towards mike, his arm always around her when they were in his basement during a long campaign.

she felt cold knowing that
mike liked eleven better.

why would you ever kiss me?
i'm not even half as pretty.

y/n would always be the one that saw them first, seeing them hand in hand, eleven in mike's favourite sweater.

she's such an angel,
kinda wish she were dead though.

and y/n had wish she was in her position.
she wished she had mike.

she wished she was eleven.

aspen speaks!
love you conan