𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍! richie

devil town by cavetown

devil town was the land of the dead.
everything was normal except for a few flaws.

y/n l/n was dead. she had been dead for so long that she was one of the only people who knew they had passed. she told nobody in hopes that she wouldn't be put in a cage for the rest of eternity. the knowledge was enough to corrupt devil town.

richie tozier had died young. the boy lived next door to y/n and her family, where they had previously lived before the house fire.

they had hung out several times and they
both swore they were falling for each other.

"life's alright in devil town." y/n flung her cigarette off of the cliff, watching as it flew down into the abyss.

"yeah, right." richie frowned. he knew something bad was going to happen to them eventually with the amount of things y/n had told him.

"we're fine, no ones gonna catch us now!" she side hugged him, earning a small smile
from richie.

her parents weren't in love yet she always joked about how she would have settled on two birthdays anyways even when they yelled through the house.

"devil town is colder in the summertime."
y/n informed him as they stood at the beach.
there was nobody there.

she shivered, reaching to hold herself.
"i'll lose my mind at least another thousand times." the thought of her screaming to herself
in bed for the millionth time brought
her to tears. y/n turned to richie to see that he was already looking at her. she held her hand out, "hold my hand tight, we'll make it another night."

richie took her hand and squeezed it in reassurance.

she shakily sighed, "i still get a little scared of something new but i feel a little safer when i'm with you. falling doesn't feel so bad when i know you've fallen this way too."

they smiled because this was one of the first times they had confessed their feelings.

the dead people in devil town no longer scared richie when he held y/n's hand down the street.
they walked down the road in their dressing gowns, y/n's being white and stripey and richie's being green and brown. it was a stupid thing they did every day at noon. although the sky was always black, they estimated when the time was right.

sometimes y/n's long stay at devil town made her forget who she was.

"y/n." richie called. he watched as the confused girl turned her head. she watched as richie ran towards her.

"what's my name again?"

"it's y/n." the boy frowned. he always had to remind her of her name every friday. it's like a brain resets in her brain, shutting off all memories.

y/n looked down and crossed her arms
at richie's shoes. richie looked down confused as to why she was staring and his eyes widened at the spiders on his shoes. he shook his leg, trying to shake them off.

"leave them be. they're more scared of you."

richie felt so proud of himself when he could remember something y/n had forgotten and it sometimes made her mad.

every time she closed her eyes, the colours fade around her and her taste disappears. the changes hurt her physically and she felt like she was dying all over again. richie would hold her when she would burst into tears over the thought.

they realised that they only had each other
in devil town.

    falling doesn't feel so bad when i know you've fallen this way too!

aspen!
i have wanted to do this for so long
and it didn't turn out how i wanted it to
but i liked it anyways