𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐄𝐓! richie

requested by eggobrush are you bored yet by wallows ft clairo

are you bored yet by wallows ft clairo

it was a daily routine for richie and y/n.
they would meet up at either ones house and lay on the bed, back's facing each other and not talking. the light would be off and one would be under the covers while the other sat on top. the two would speak ten words or less.
their relationship was a lost cause.
they were only kids when they met and the
love between them just disintegrated.

"what's wrong rich?" he seemed awfully motionless and her words made him think.
he didn't have an answer. he didn't know how to answer. would he just tell her that he was tired? that he wanted to go home? it was pointless to even answer, seeing as though it would just go through one ear and out of the other. she gave up too. "goodnight." she sighed.

but richie kept thinking.
when we get old will we regret this?
we were too young to think about that shit.
and stalling only goes so far when you've got a head start.

their relationship was always built on lies and they knew it, but they were cowards. they never wanted to touch the subject of lies. everyone watched as richie and y/n drifted apart. they were so young and in love that they were stupid enough to think they would last.

they would often sit on the pavement of y/n's driveway and watch the sunset. they would play shitty music through richie's boom box and watch as the sky turned from blue to pink and purple. sure, she was beautiful but richie didn't love her like he used to. "are you bored yet?" he whispered. her body language was something he had learnt over the years. she would be flexible and jumpy when she was happy and small, in a ball when she was sad. she looked miserable.

y/n felt lonely. lonely in the relationship.
she felt like she was the one trying to keep them together. she felt like richie was going to let go. y/n had known him his whole life and she could see through every lie and facade he put up. she always wanted to be with him when they were younger and she still did, but she felt like they were just going to crumble.

like richie would let go.
she had been holding on for so long and she knew it wouldn't last. it broke her heart.

aspen speaks!
HI THIS LITERALLY SUCKS IM
SO SORRY IF IT DIDNT LIVE UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS PLEASE OFRGIVE ME