PROLOGUE

"Congratulations Engr. Cervantes!!" my co-workers cheerfully said while I was going to my office. They really surprised me! Kaa-appoint lang kasi sa'kin kahapon at mga board members lang ang nakasaksi noon. But now, they are all here, the people who helped me achieve this success.

My father is also here and he handed me a bouquet of flowers then kissed my cheek. "Congratulations Chief Engr. Cervantes, you deserve this." he said then hugged me.

Naroon din si Gab na inabutan naman ako ng cake at humalik sa kabilang pisngi bago yumakap, "Congrats Calli, este Chief Engr. Cervantes pala." he said while chuckling at sumaludo pa kaya hinampas ko siya nang mahina sa braso at pinuntahan na ang ibang bumabati at nagpasalamat sa kanila.

Some might say that I got the job through the easy way or some might think that I don't deserve it.  But I worked hard for this, I really prepared and learned different things to get here. Not just because i am the daughter of the CEO doesn't mean I got it the easy way. Hindi naman ibibigay sa akin ang trabahong 'to kung hindi ako karapat-dapat.

I can accept their criticisms, 4 years of working and learning here might be real quick to get this job but all I can say is, it all depends on your skills, how you use and execute them on the field.

Matagal din bago ko narating ang opisina ko dahil nakihalubilo pa ako sa mga tao roon. I couldn't be any happier, achieving one of my goals makes my heart flutter.

"Ela, where's my coffee?" tanong ko sa sekretarya ko nang makaupo sa aking aking swivel chair. Agad niya namang inabot ang iced coffee sa akin.

"Engr., today's schedule is as follows: Meeting with the board members at 10, site visit of the on-going hotel project at noon, meeting with Architect Herrera at 1, your check-up is scheduled today at 2 but you also have a site visit at Batangas at the same time and a meeting with Mr. Atienza at 4." dire-diretso niyang sabi habang nakikinig ako at umiinom lang ng kape na ibinigay niya.

"One hell of a hectic sched today huh?" bulong ko sa sarili.

"Call Dr. Peralta, tell him I won't be able to make it today and move the check-up tomorrow." sabi ko naman kaya tumango siya. My migraines aren't getting any better, this is what I get for working and stressing myself too much, maybe I need to slow down.

"The meeting with Mr. Atienza is  about the condo here at Makati right?" paninigurado ko naman.

"Yes, Engr., you will be with our company lawyer to review the contract of the project." sagot niya naman. "Oh and these are the proposals you need to review as soon as possible." at itinuro niya an mga makakapal na papeles na nakapatong sa aking lamesa.

"Do you need anything else Engr.?" she asked when she finished talking and reminding me about other things. Napabuntong-hininga naman ako.

"None for now. I'll call you when I need you." I said. She went out of the office then I started reviewing the proposals.