Chapter 26

"I think he already has a family." bungad ko kay Navi. I called her as soon as I went home.

[Talaga? Pa'no mo nasabi?] tanong niya.

"There was a child at the party, and Nessa was there and the boy who Lex was carrying called Nessa 'mommy'." pagkukwento ko. I have a strong feeling about this.

[Didn't you see that coming?] she swiftly asked.

"I...I..." I didn't know what to answer, her question made me think about it. I think I already saw this coming but there's a part of me that's been constantly hoping that it wouldn't happen, that he didn't reach that point yet but I think he already did and I have to be okay with that.

[I mean, it's been years, Calli. What made you think that he doesn't have one? He even asked you to build a home, remember?] she said it softly but it sounded so harsh in my ears.

"The child is 4 years old... Does that mean he moved on that fast?" I added, trying to console myself and give hope to that little faith left inside me. 

The child is 4 years old and we've been apart for about 6 years now. Maybe I hurt him too much that's why it was easy for him to have a reason to hate me and forget about me, about us. Serves me right.

I heard her sigh, [Hindi ko alam, Callista... Don't get your hopes up.] payo niya.

[I know you still love him, pero wala ka nang magagawa kung may pamilya na siya.] she added using a pitiful tone.

Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako, "I know."

[You don't want to be a home-wrecker don't you?] natatawa niyang tanong.

"Hell no!" agad kong tanggi. I'd rather keep all my love for him to myself or to my grave. Isa pa, how can I be a home-wrecker? He obviously doesn't like me anymore!

[I'm kidding! Alam ko namang hindi mo magagawa 'yon!] natatawa niyang tugon.

We both chuckled with that and when the laughter died down, I said, "Sige na, I just want to vent."

[Anytime. But please remember, I'm not saying that you should stop loving him and forget him because that sure is hard...] hindi niya natapos ang sinasabi dahil sumingit agad ako.

"Based from experience?" I asked, lightly chuckling.

[Shut up. I'm not saying that you should stop loving him, I'm saying that you should know his limits... and if he really has a family then you should learn how to love him from afar and let him be happy.] she continued.

"I know. Thank you." pasasalamat ko at nagpaalam na kami sa isa't-isa. I love that Navi knows the right words, words that I want and need to hear for times like this. I am so lucky to have a friend like her.