Chapter 8

Isla's POV

Stupid birds. Go gossip somewhere else, I'm trying to sleep. 

I groaned, turning over and snuggled into the far side of my bed. Except the bed didn't extend as far as I thought. My heart nearly came out of my chest as I fell of the bed, landing on my side. I forgot I wasn't at home in my queen sized bed. Groaning again, I stretched out on the floor, finding it pretty comfortable. The soft rug under my body felt amazing. Last night had been pretty hectic and we had only slept at around 3. That didn't help my case of severe jetlag that was hitting. And it wasn't fair because I was the only one who  switched major time zones. 

I picked up my phone and unlocked my phone. 

12:03 PM?!

I shot up and hurried to the bathroom to brush my teeth. The house was suspiciously silent, probably because everyone was still asleep. I pulled on a loose light blue t shirt and a pair of Nike leggings. Even though it was noon, I needed a cup of coffee. I bound down the stairs into the kitchen that was empty. Usually one of us would be roaming around looking for food in routinely cycles about every hour or so. 

I hummed the tune of Mamma Mia as I made myself a mug of coffee. It was almost 33 degrees outside (91 Fahrenheit) so I decided to have cold coffee instead. I reached for the glass on the top shelf when the front door suddenly opened. I gasped quietly as I almost dropped the glass. A quick fumble in my hands saved it from the impending doom of shattering against the kitchen tile. I turned to look at the intruder that had entered. An intruder named Elliot. Judging by his sweaty appearance and duffel bag, he had just returned from murdering someone. No just kidding. Elliot had gone to the gym. He didn't seem to take notice of me as he took off his shoes and unzipped his jacket. He must not have heard me because his airpods were in so when he turned around, his eyes widened in shock. 

"Merde you scared me," he mumbled, taking out his airpods. 

"I could say the same," I rolled my eyes, stirring in cold milk into my coffee. I was curious as to how he had gotten up and made it to the gym. 

"What time did you get up?" I asked, sitting down on the dining table. 

"9," he replied shortly before hurrying up the stairs. Moments later I heard the door to his room click shut. There's Mr.Antisocial again. I scrolled through my social media for almost 20 minutes before deciding to make something to eat. I debated for a bit between lasagna and regular pasta before settling on the latter. I pulled up the Tasty app before getting to work. I loved cooking but not as much as baking. Baking was my strong suit. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"My head is killing me," Yann groaned, stomping down the stairs into the kitchen. His eyes were still half closed and his hair looked like a rats nest. 

"Wow 2 in the afternoon, that's gotta be a record," I teased, turning down the heat on the stove. 

"Shut up, it's to early for your lectures," Saskia muttered as she entered the room. 

"Damn I feel so attacked right now," I grumbled, sending her a dirty look. She gave me the finger before sitting with her head down on the kitchen table. My alarm began to ring making everyone groan. 

"Shut it oooffff," Saskia groaned, leaning her head back on the chair. I quickly apologized, turning off the alarm. I pulled open the oven and took out the lasagna. 

"Lunch is ready!" I called, setting the tray on the table. Footsteps thundered down the stairs as Mathieu and Yann raced to the kitchen. 

"I'm starving," Yann grinned, reaching to take a pinch of cheese off the lasagna. 

"No," I hissed, slapping his hand away. 

"Help set the table," I ordered, pointing to the plates and trays. The boys groaned but complied and I shoved glasses into Linette's hands. Within 2 minutes the table for 6 was completely set. Everyone quickly sat, ready to devour the lasagna. 

"Wait where's Elliot?"Saskia asked. Her hangover seemed to vanish after the mention of food. 

"I'll get him. You guys can start," I said, getting out of my seat. I hurried up the stairs, passing my room to Elliot's room. Softly knocking, I waited for a response. The door opened just as I was about to knock again. I froze, my hand in mid air. He raised an eyebrow at me expectantly. 

"Lunch is ready," I said, motioning downstairs. 

"I'm not hungry," he said, moving to close the door. 

"Oi, don't be a buzzkill," I groaned, holding the door open. His jaw clenched as he stared at the floor, debating. 

"Fine," he sighed, throwing his phone on the bed. 

Yay! 1 Isla - 0 Elliot