Chapter 10

The living area window in Isla's house ^
My friend asked me how to pronounce Isla and it's eye-lah. Just an FYI 😊

Isla's POV

"Come on I want you to meet some of my friends," Yann whined, dragging me to a random table outside a restaurant. The sun was just beginning to set and the temperature had finally begun to drop.

"Yann I'm going to throw you off my balcony," I groaned, letting him tug me by my arm. We came to a stop in front of 2 girls, one with dark red hair, and another with jet black hair.

"This is Sandrine, my sister," he said pointing to the "redhead". I sent him the dirtiest look I could as he shoved me into a chair.

"And this is Noor, Sandrine's babysit- ehem bestfriend."

Sandrine slapped Yann on the back of the head, muttering curses under her breath. The two girls then turned to look at me. I smiled nervously, fiddling with my fingers.

"Um hi?" I spoke uncertainly. Yup, this an embarrassing encounter that would keep me up at night.

I should've at least combed my hair, I thought, absentmindedly running my hands through my hair.

"Elle ne parle français? (she doesn't speak french?)"Sandrine asked, looking to her brother.

"Oui, je parle (yes, I do)" I replied for him. She nodded in what seemed like approval. Who the hell said I needed your approval.

"Where are you from?"Noor asked, a curious look on her face. I really hated that question.

"California," I replied shortly. Sandrine made a face while Noor remained impassive.

"You're American? Why are you in Paris?" she asked, her accent definitely more notable than Yann's.

Because there's this thing called a plane.

"Because I wanted to visit," I shrugged, already over the conversation.

"Alright that's enough," Noor suddenly giggled. She got up and gave me a hug, a grin on her face. I must've had a "bitch what the fuck" look on my face because she began to explain.

"Sandrine's juste has a what do you call it? Resting bitch face?"

I nodded, holding back a laugh.

"Oui she has that but it is her whole attitude."

"Ok j'ai fini ici. Ciao (I'm done here, bye)," Sandrine said, abruptly getting up from her seat. As she was walking away, an idea came into my head. I was really tryin to die at this point.

"Bye Sandrine! It was nice to meet you!" I called to her. She stopped in her tracks, clenching her fists before storming off.

"Who pissed in her cereal this morning?" I asked, watching her retreating figure.

"Satan," Yann replied wearily. Noor, Yann, and I shared a look before bursting into laughter. Poor Sandrine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Somebody kill meeee," Linette groaned, leaning her head back into the couch.

"Control Alt delete," I replied, not realizing what I was saying, simply focusing on icing my cupcakes. Saskia's laugh caught my attention and I looked up. Linette had the most offended look on her face as she stared at me.

"Control Z?" I said sheepishly, offering her a smile.

"As a former CS major," Mathieu began, "that's the worst joke I've ever heard."