Chapter 14

Isla's POV

"Joined dinner will be at 7 sharp. Please arrive on time and dressed appropriately, thank you," the camp director said, stepping down from the makeshift podium. 

"Cool," Yann smiled, slapping his cards on the picnic blanket. We had gone out on a day outing to the Eiffel Tower as today was Bastille day. Basically the day that signified the start of the French Revolution. After walking around for a bit, our group had settled down on the grass to eat and play cards. 

"Bluff," I called, raising an eyebrow at Yann. He groaned, rolling his eyes and collecting the stack. 

"You suck at this," Elliot mumbled, placing his cards down. "3 eights."

"One 9," Linette said, setting the card on the stack. 

"Bluff," Mathieu called, flipping the card. It was a 7.

"Dang it," Linette mumbled, sending Mathieu a glare. 

"2 tens," Saskia said.

"3 Ace," I said, putting down 3 cards. 

"Bluff," Elliot blurted, lifting his head to look at me. 

"Bet," I replied with a smirk. He sighed, reaching to flip the cards. 3 Aces it was. 

"Merde," he whispered, taking the stack. 

"Je pensais que tu étais au dessus de ça (I thought you were better than that)," Yann laughed. 

"You can't say anything because you're shit at this too," Saskia giggled, throwing an almond at him. He picked it up, blew on it, and popped it into his mouth. 

"Dit celui qui a assez de cartes pour faire un nouveau jeu (says the one who has enough cards to make a new deck.)," Elliot shot back. We snickered as Yann's mouth dropped open, an offended look on his face. 

"I feel attacked," Yann muttered, chewing on the Almond. 

The game continued for a few more rounds before Elliot ultimately won. I had to collect almost half the whole deck after he called me out. 

"Let's play," Mathieu said, tossing a football at Elliot who caught it with ease. 

"I'll pass," Saskia said, pulling out her phone. No doubt she was going to have an hour long photo op. 

"Linette?" he asked, looking over to her. She nodded, getting to her feet. I grabbed her hand as she offered to help me up. 

"Let's just pass," I said, not in the mood to run around the grass. 

"Fine," Yann agreed. "We can play the category game. Let's do TV shows first. Each one of you chooses a show and then passes the ball to anyone in the circle."

"Sounds good," Linette said and the rest of us nodded in agreement. 

"I'll start, Friends," Linette said, kicking the ball to Yann. 

"Big Bang Theory," he said, passing it to me. 

"Grey's Anatomy."

"Elite," Elliot said, passing it back to Linette. 

After 10 minutes, we were running out of show names. 

"Uhhh, My Little Pony," I laughed, kicking it to Linette.

"Ozark."

"Wait have you watched that?" Yann asked. 

"No, it's the only one I could think of."