Chapter 21

Elliot^ ;)

Isla's POV

"Isla."

"Isla."

"Isla," the voice repeated, louder this time.

"Go away," I grumbled, hiding my face in the crook of my arm. I heard a chuckle before someone yanked the blanket from my body. Goosebumps spread across my skin as the cold morning air hit.

"Come on, time to get up amour," Elliot said, amusement clear in his voice.

"Fuck you," I groaned, rolling onto my back and opening my eyes slowly. I made sure my face looked as annoyed as possible before focusing my vision on Elliot. His grey eyes watched me carefully, a smirk on his face as he held out his hand. Rolling my eyes and muttering under my breath, I grabbed his hand as he pulled me up from the floor.

"Nice hair," he teased, ruffling my knotted tresses. I laughed sarcastically, showing him the finger.

"Out," I grumbled, pushing his chest out the door so I could get ready in peace.

Luisa opened the door to the bathroom and came out, dressed in a long maxi dress and a white cover up.

"Good morning Isla," she grinned, her eyes shining in amusement. "Quite a conversation you had there with my brother."

"AKA the devil," I mumbled, rubbing my eyes as a yawn threatened to escape my lips.

"Get ready quick, we're heading to the park nearby," she said. "Some sightseeing for you."

I remembered that it was Sunday and most people were off from work. Hurrying into the bathroom, I freshened up and pulled my hair into a ratchet ponytail.

I hadn't packed any clothes - neither had Elliot. Luisa kindly offered to let me borrow her clothes and thankfully we we're basically the same size, mine just smaller in height.

She had chosen a navy blue floral printed dress for me. It was till my knees and had a shirred top and flowy bottom.

Luisa was dressed in a pale yellow maxi dress with a white cardigan thrown overtop. It contrasted well with her dark caramel coloured locks. 

"Aww you look so pretty," Luisa smiled, clasping her hands together as I stepped out of the bathroom. My hair was somehow cooperating despite being a tangled mess. I had managed to detangle a few locks and set them in place as loose waves.

We chatted about the weather as we walked down to the kitchen. 

"Did you order the food?" Elliot asked, looking up from his phone. 

"Yeah, are we getting food from La Cap'Tain," his sister replied. I grabbed my jacket that was draped over the couch, sliding my phone into the pocket. 

"Cool. Ready to go gavroche (trouble maker)?" Elliot asked, ruffling his brothers hair. Maxime glared at him, a scowl on his face as he fixed his hair. 

As I waited for everyone to start heading out, I grabbed my phone and called my mom. It rang several times before going to answering. I figured she was asleep still and left a message. 

"Hi mom, I was just calling to check in and see how everything's going. Looks like you're probably still sleeping, but give me a call when you get the chance. Love you, bye."

A sigh escaped my lips as I pocketed my phone and walked back into the kitchen. I almost walked right into Elliot who was coming out of the kitchen doorway, carrying a cup in his hand. He quickly steadied the cup as its liquid content sloshed around.