Chapter 18

Isla's POV

"Isla!"

"Isla!"

"Isla Mareike Fischer!"

I let out an animalistic groan, turning over in my bed. Light seeped through the translucent curtains, flooding my room. My eyes burned as I blinked slowly.

Another loud bang made me jump.

"What!" I shouted back, a scowl on my face as I got out of bed.

"Don't 'what' me woman!" Saskia's voice came, "It's 1 in the afternoon! Open your damn door"

I trudged over to the door, yanking it open. Saskia stood there, an angry look on her face. I blinked slowly at her before letting out a huge yawn.

"Ew," she exclaimed, waving her hand in front of her face. I shot her a smirk as she let out a huff.

"Jesus Isla, when did you sleep?" Linette said from behind her, coming out of the shower, her hair wrapped atop her head. I shrugged, avoiding her question, going into my bathroom.

"Does it have something to do with the fact that Elliot is also still passed out in his room?" Saskia asked with a smirk, raising her eyebrow at me in my mirror.

"What? Wow looks like everyone's super tired today," I said casually, but my heart was beating erratically.

"Sure," she smirked, walking out of my room.

"I brought eggs, you can bake if you want," Linette said, flicking water at me from her wet hair.

"Thanks," I said, rolling my eyes and wiping my cheek.

I quickly finished brushing my teeth and freshened up. Today was the hottest day of the year and the house had warmed up quite a bit. The AC was running but it didn't seem to be doing much. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail. Choosing a pair of denim shorts and a white top, I stepped out of my room. My eyes lingered on Elliot's door and I hesitated. Last night was rough. I cleaned him up and we made our way back home around 2:30. We only fell asleep after 3.

'Should I check on him?' I asked myself. My hand hovered over the door as I brought it up to knock.

Knock, knock.

"Elliot?" I called softly, listening for a response. No noise could be heard. I let out a breath of air, turning the doorknob and popping my head in.

"Elliot," I called again. Slowly padding up to the edge, I leaned over to make sure he was still breathing. I sucked in a breath when I noticed he was shirtless. The muscles on his smooth, tanned back made my knees weak.

I never even knew had a thing for guys with back muscles.

I debated on waking him up, he had slept for a good 10 hours.

"Elliot, wake up," I gently shook his shoulder. He mumbled something under his breath, turning over onto his back. The wound on his collarbone had healed, but now there was new bruises from the previous night.

I grabbed his second pillow, smacking it on his face. No response. I groaned quietly, staring down at him.

Well now what do I do?

I took the pillow and placed it over his face, waiting for him to try and push it off. After a few seconds, he must've realized he couldn't breathe because his hands flew up to shove the pillow off.

I took a step back as he sat up and looked around. His hair was all over the place making me laugh.

"Quoi (what)?" he grumbled, his eyes still half closed.