Chapter 31

Isla's POV

"I got in!" I shrieked, slamming the door open. I stood in the doorway, panting, strands of hair covering my face. My face had a huge grin on it and I definitely looked insane. 

"Umm? Yeah you have they key," Yann said, glancing at the keys in my hand. I sent him a glare, shoving the acceptance letter in his face. 

"Isla Fischer we are pleased to inform you," he muttered, scanning the letter. "That you have been accepted to the American University of Paris! Isla! This is amazing!"

"I know!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands. 

"Thank god, now you can stop checking the mail first thing in the morning like my dad," Saskia rolled her eyes, giving me a hug. 

"Congrats!" Linette giggled, hugging me as well. 

"Where are the other two nutcases?" I asked, noticing Elliot and Mathieu were missing. 

"They went to get breakfast," Yann said, gesturing to the empty fridge. I gave him a weirded out look as he took a bite of his bell pepper. Like I said, he likes weird breakfast items. 

"But they left like 30 minutes ago, I wonder why they're not back yet," Linette said, her brows furrowing. I glanced at the clock that read 9:00, pretty early. 

"Yeah, they went to the cafe down the block," Saskia added, "They should've come back by now."

"I'll call," Yann offered, taking his phone out. Linette and I shared a look as neither of the boys picked up. 

"Well, I'll head down to get coffee because we're out so I'll bring them back" I said, grabbing a sweatshirt from the closet. 

"That's really odd that they didn't pick up," Linette mumbled, folding her arms.

"Don't stress, I'm sure they're fine," Saskia said, throwing Linette a pack of cookies.

"I'll be back soon."

- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - 

I wandered down the street, glancing around trying to spot one of the boys. It was odd that Mathieu hadn't picked up his phone, especially after we'd called twice. I walked pulled the door of the cafe open, only to come face to face with the man in question himself. 

"Mathieu what the hell? Why didn't you pick up the phone?"

"Oh merde, I left it in the car, sorry," he replied sheepishly. I rolled my eyes, taking the two bags of croissants from his hand as he fished out his keys. 

"Wait, why'd you take the car, it's a 3 minute walk?"

"I had to drop Elliot off somewhere," he replied, walking to the car. 

"Oh."

"Real shady place though," he mused. I froze for a second, remembering what happened last time Elliot was in a shady place. 

"In Paris?" I asked casually, getting in the car. 

"Uhh, yeah, near the train station," Mathieu replied, looking over his shoulder as he pulled onto the main road. 

Fuck. 

I didn't waste a second, as soon as Mathieu pulled up to the house, I was in and out. Zipping into the house, I grabbed Elliot's car keys. 

"I have somethings to get for baking," I called, shutting the door behind me. It wasn't odd for me to get random desires to bake, so hopefully they wouldn't question it. 

I hopped into the car, pulling the seat forward because Elliot's legs were too damn long. My fingers tapped the steering wheel as I drove, my heart racing.