Chapter 15: Answers

Xander POV:

I sat in my office at my desk, covered in way too many piles of papers. Kaden and Renzo sat in the chairs directly across from me while everyone else stood, rounded around the desk as we talked.

"Tess is already at Lynn's pack. When did you want me to head to Marissa's?" Kaden asked.

"Not until she gets back," I said, shaking my head. "With Addie here I want one of you here at all times. I'm not taking any more chances."

Kaden nodded, giving me a sympathetic look. He also felt the guilt when we saw her wound again. Because we weren't fast enough or strong enough to protect her. Now she had this pain to carry until it healed and it ate me up inside. I guess it bothered him just as much since he was with her first and was our Beta.

"I want extra people on patrols and extra guards around the house. I want someone watching the house and Addie's balcony at all times," I said, directing my gaze to Leila, our lead sentinel that led the patrols.

She nodded in understanding and I turned to Renzo.

"You spoke to Charlie?" I asked.

Charlie was Mateo's Beta, the same ones who helped us get Addie and Kaden back.

Renzo nodded, sitting up straighter in his seat. "She said they've been keeping an eye on the warehouse but no one returned. They're also patrolling the Canadian border a little harder since there was some vamp movement there. It seems like they're hoping to find a way past the border without getting noticed."

"Something to bring up when you visit Marissa," I said to Kaden.

Her territory was also close to the border and she was a good ally. Kaden nodded and scribbled into a notebook.

"Do they want help with the patrols?" I asked.

"I'm sure they'd appreciate it," Renzo nodded.

"Can we spare any?" I asked Leila.

"In a few days," Leila nodded. "I'm almost done with a round of training. They show really great potential. There's actually a couple I wanted to point out to you, they might be worth considering as new Deltas."

"Let's make time for that sometime next week," I agreed. "Anything else?" I looked around the room but no one spoke up. "All right. Addie's in a wedding tomorrow. I'm not sure where I'll be in regards to the wedding but I am escorting her to the rehearsal tonight. I would like three people to come and hang around in the background. At least two women in case she needs to go to the bathroom. Nick, I need you nearby in case we need to take out any security cameras," I said, looking at Nick who never looked up from his laptop or stopped typing but nodded in acknowledgment. "We'll figure out a plan for the wedding when I have more details so expect another meeting later tonight or early in the morning."

"I'll go," Kaden volunteered.

"No," I shook my head. I knew his urge to protect his Luna amplified after seeing that cut but he was our Beta and I needed him for other things. "I need you to stay here while Tess and I are out. In fact, I need you to go over to Emily's and find out exactly how much supply she has and if she needs more."

Emily grew all the herbs that Cassie and Anna needed and I wasn't going to mess around with not having enough supplies when we were teetering on the edge of a war.