Chapter 19: Made For Her

Xander POV:

I didn't bring up the vamps because it would just make her anxious for the wedding and she had plenty going on already. I was angry at myself for losing my temper with her but it seemed to have actually benefited us. Her willingness to admit her offense surprised me, I expected a bite back, normal people would get defensive but she didn't. She owned up to it. As if I needed more reasons to be smitten with her.

She didn't object to my hand on her back as we walked up to the pack house. She still had my jacket on so it wasn't skin to skin. Probably for the best. Touching her skin was becoming much too addictive and much too hard to resist.

We stepped into the kitchen and Kaden, Renzo and Cassie were all around the counter, dipping fruit into chocolate and talking. Once we were in view, all eyes went on us and I realized I never told anyone to keep quiet.

She doesn't know about the vamps. Leave it that way for now, I linked.

Kaden was his normal self, giving Addie a grin without letting her know I spoke to him. Renzo subtly placed a kiss near Cassie's ear and whispered the message to her. Cassie only gave a slight nod of recognition, making eye contact with me briefly before smiling and whistling.

"Damn, girl. You're wearing that dress like you're doing it a favor," she said, fanning herself.

Addie giggled, covering her mouth as she did.

"Thanks," she said, stepping forward and leaning over the counter, staring at the chocolate.

"Want some?" Cassie asked, holding up a strawberry.

"Yes, please," Addie said, taking the strawberry from Cassie and dipping into the chocolate.

I held back the groan. How could she make eating strawberries look sexy? It was cruel to watch.

"Did you have a good night?" Cassie asked.

"Mhm," Addie said, chewing the last bit of her strawberry. "It was nice. Xander was a perfect gentleman," she said, glancing over at me and offering a small smile.

My mate with a smile meant for me. I couldn't help the smile that came on my face as I strode forward and leaned next to her.

"Xander was a gentleman? Damn, mates really do change people," Kaden said in disbelief.

"Watch it," I growled, narrowing my eyes at him.

Kaden was unaffected by my warning growl, he just laughed and rolled his eyes, making Addie giggle as well.

"Where's Hector?" Addie asked, glancing around.

"Passed out in the living room. We grabbed him a dog bed and he seems to like it quite a bit," Renzo explained.

"Oh," Addie pouted. "I'll miss my sleeping buddy."

"You have other volunteers," I murmured next to her ear.

I loved the flush of red that reached her cheeks. She glanced over at me and rolled her eyes again, trying to hold back the smile.

"You must be tired," Cassie said, straightening up and putting a lid over the chocolate as she yawned. "I know I am. Any meetings I need to be a part of tomorrow?"

"No," I answered. "If you could just focus on perfecting that masking brew, that would be great. I do need Renzo, though."

Cassie and Renzo both nodded. Cassie came over and hugged Addie goodnight before walking out with Renzo's arm draped over her shoulders.

"I'm turning in, too," Kaden said, stretching out his back and clapping Addie on the back. "Night lovebirds. I'll be sure to keep my earplugs in."

He ran quickly up the stairs to avoid the scolding but I couldn't be too mad because Addie's face was tomato red and it was fucking adorable. She spun around and put some distance between us, clasping her hands together.