Chapter 3

اف کہ اس شوخ کو ہیں کتنے بہانے آتے
       خواب رنگین ہیں آنکھوں میں سجا نے آتے
______________________________________

Worn out. Tired. Drowsy. These would be the best words to define me this week. According to mummy demands I had to live in Haveli before wedding.
Something about bride and groom shouldn't live under the same roof. I don't mind it and supported her idea.

There was no issue in living in Haveli other then that I had to handle an hour drive to university. It takes an hour with good traffic and with bad one. Don't even ask. It was the reason that papa decided to shift from Haveli years ago. The Haveli was in outskirts of Lahore. You could see all the fields around this area. It was good to live here with fresh air and no city pollution.

I walked into the haveli and right at veranda in the palang. I found dadu sitting with a tasbeeh in her hand like usual. I walked to her and set on my knees right beside her. I pulled her hands and kissed the back of them.

"Dadu."

She motioned me to sit beside her on palag. I did as she asked.

She cupped my cheeks and looked at me adoringly.

"Itni takhi howe lag rahi ho. Kal apki mehndi hai. Dulhane aise ni hote." (You look so tired and tomorrow is your mehndi. Brides aren't like this."

A giggle escaped my lips. "Then."

"Wo larkiya aj kal kiya karti hai salon wagera jati hai. Ap bhe jaye aur ye shadi k bad kuch arse k chutiya le lena." (What girls do these days, go to salon etc. You should go there too and take some holidays after your wedding.)

"Ji theak hai. Main sone jah rahe ho." (Okay alright. I am going to sleep.)

I kissed her on the cheek and stood up and walked up to my room not really mine but khair. Today, I presented the project that I was working on for a week. It gave me many sleepless night but my hard work bore fruit and I got good grades.

Now I wanted to do nothing but fall asleep so I took of my chooriyan and placed them on dressing table. I pulled my hair tie and letting my hair to fall down on my back.

I pulled the pashmina shawl and my duppata of my body and threw it on bed carelessly.

I opened the glass doors of the balcony. I laid on the dewan that was in front of the balcony doors. I didn't expect it to be this comfy as I only wanted to have a nap and not fall in to a deep sleep but I eventually did.

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼

The car entered through the large bronze gate in to the haveli. It rounded the large fountain in the middle before pulling in front of an arched staircase of four step lined with vines having beautiful flowers.

It was my forth visit to Haveli since I came back. I was supposed to come tomorrow at evening for mehndi but dadu asked me to be here today.