Chapter 18

مسلسل سوچوں سے سسکتی ہوں میں
         ذہن کو جسم پر رحم کیوں نہیں آتا ؟
______________________________________

He was furious and that fact couldn't be hidden. I understood his position but I didn't have time to make him understand everything. I needed to go back.

"Jahan. How could you do this knowing that I love her?"

He yelled. The office door was open meaning someone could have easily heard us. There shouldn't be anyone here other then my assistant so I wasn't a bit worried but I still wanted to avoid creating any scene.

"Sometimes fate intervenes. She wasn't meant to be your."

I calmly replied trying to put some sense in him. It happened. It was a waste of time for him to fight over this.

"She doesn't want to be with you."

I tried to keep my tone calm but his words triggered my anger. He only brought out a insecurity that I kept covered in layers of clothes.

"She loves me Jahan."

He stood before me jabbing his index finger in my direction. Yes, his words effected me a lot. I knew it too but it never felt good to hear from someone else. I kept my calm from outside even through inside I was reeling with anger.

"She is my wife and what proof do you have?"

I knew that they never confessed so I waited for bewildered expression to take it's place on his face instead I was met with a smile.

"Hear it yourself then."

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and a minute later. His voice started echoing through the room.

"I love you Noor and I wanted to marry you. How could you do this?"

There was a pause when a minute later. I heard a very familiar voice. A gut feeling told me whatever this recording had. It wouldn't be something that I would like to hear.

"It just happened. Abba was in bad condition. I couldn't refuse. I had to make a decision."

A part of me wanted to just shut it down and other wanted to hear what would my wife say further. Would she be loyal to me?

"You love me. This all isn't enough of a excuse. You could have waited and asked for time."

"I did. I truly did."

Her voice felt sad and dejected as she spoke further.

"Ibad. Mane apse muhabbat k Hain. (I have loved you.) I can't deny it."

I waited for her to say something more. Anything to soothe those last words but nothing came out and then Ibad spoke again from the recorder.

"Then now what?"

I wasn't sure if I wanted to know the answer of this question.

"Everything will be fine." Her voice came out serene and calm.

"Everything will be fine. Just believe me. It will all sort out."

Then the recorder stopped. Nothing came out as my mind repeated those words again and again.

"Divorce her Jahan. She doesn't want to be with you. "

" Get out. " I yelled.

He gave one last glance and left through the door. The anger built and betrayal sang it's symphony in my heart. I wanted to hurt something badly as I was hurting inside.