Chapter 22

آج لگتا ہے بس تماشا تھا
وہ تعق جو بے تحاشا تھا
ہم اس بت کے ہاتھوں ٹوٹ گئے
جو تخلیل میں خود تراشا تھا

This one suits Jahan at this chapter.

______________________________________

Considerate. This word that could be used to describe my husband. Whenever he acted on this word. It used to made my heart bloom with delight.

Now every considerate act of my husband only proved to be painful. The thought that I wasn't the only one that he did these things for was putting oil to flames.

Knowing the fact that Sara was dead. It should have relived me but it didn't. The knowledge of his betrayel changed me for worse. I couldn't even recognize my own self.

I wasn't able to respect a dead. The feeling of hatred for her disgusted me sometime. How could I curse a dead person? But my heart it didn't hear me. Even if not a word left my lip. My thoughts spoke volume. I wanted to desperately erase her existence.

Sitting at dinning table while he filled my plate, sliced the chicken into into perfect miniature pieces. It was a common occurrence that no one paid any mind to.

In the past these kind of common occurrence were special to me. Jahan never verbally confessed his love. These small gestures felt like the proof to feelings that he had. Even if there was no love. It soothed my heart that I was only one that evoke these gestures.

Now that believe was gone. They ridiculed me. I wanted to let go of it. These feelings were little by little destroying my peace. The content was gone.

I excused from dinner earlier then usual. Under the cold shower with it pouring on my each pore. It felt exhilarating and soothing.

Even through it was the March. The start of spring. The winter had remained in country longer then usual. The result, there was mostly chill in air especially at nights.

Putting on the bath robe. Barefooted, I Walked out of bathroom with my wet hairs trailing a pathway on marble floor.

For a movement, I stopped, seeing him standing there. Ignoring his presence, I strode to get clothes from cupboard.

"Abhi dhand ni Gaye. (The winter hasn't left.) You shouldn't walk barefoot."

I was pulled up from the floor in a single sweep. He set on bed, placing me me on his lap. He pulled the blank on me. He frowned as he checked my temperature by placing his hand on my cheeks.

"You took cold shower. Bimar hona hai. (Do you want to get sick?)" He pulled my hands to his mouth and started blowing warm air on them.

While one hand held my wrists. The other hand started to work the towel in my hairs. When he was satisfied, he pulled me in his arm whispering to not do something this careless again.

My body may have warmed with his warmth but my heart remained cold. I pulled myself out of his embrace to look at his face. My heart burned thinking that he did these things for her too.

"Jante ho k main sirf samjhota ho apke liye. Is leye ye sb karna band karde. (I know that I am only a compromise for you. So stop doing these things)"