Chapter 24

گل تیری میری سی، بس رہ گئی تیری وے
معاف کردے مینو, مہربانی تیری وے
_______________________________________

The lights were on. I set on the edge of the bed with my feet on floor. Looking at the wall in front. My thoughts ran from start to the end.

Indifference. Betrayal. Everything included. All aside but this was the worst that he did to me, to our relationship. I knew the fact that he didn't want to have children but I never thought that he would go this far to make that happen.

It must be again somehow related to Sara. It didn't matter but what mattered was the fact? That why his past experiences were affecting our present.

I could forgive everything but not this. An abortion without my consent. In my books. This was murder. A murder that I would never ever forgive or forget.

The door opened as he came in, shouting angrily in worried tone.

"I was looking for you everywhere. Kahan the ap. (Where were you?)"

My silence commenced in the room. I kept there sitting like a statue not reacting even a bit.

He set infront of me on his knees waiting for me to say something. I had no energy to hurl words or any curse at him.

"Kiya kiya ap ne. (What did you do?)"

"Kiya ni. Ruk geya. (I didn't. I stopped.)"

He grabbed my hands with his thumb stroking the back of it like he was trying to calm me down. I looked up sharply at him. He looked disheveled. Must have been worried sick when he couldn't find me but it didn't concern me.

"Karne to lage they na. (You were going to.)"

There was a relief knowing that he didn't let it happen but did it help his situation. No. My heart remained stuck at one point.

His lips parted and moved but there was no justification that he could give me to placate ny heart.

"Kiya karne lage they ap? (What were you going to do?)"

I looked straight in his eyes, wanting him to admit his crime. The crime that he intend to perform.

His grip on my hand tightened as he said only one word. "Main (I.) ______"

His lips quivered as he completed the sentence. "_________ abortion karwane laga tha. __________ was about to get you an abortion.)"

He added in further hastily. There was a quiver in those hands as he for the first time asked something that I didn't think he would ever.

"Maaf karde. Galti hogayi. (Forgive me. I made a mistake.)"

The words felt foreign from those lips but it didn't soothe my heart. With my past history of forgiving him for anything without even him asking for it verbally. These mare words should have melted the ice. But they didn't. They felt empty just as the man that I was looking at.

"Ni." I pulled my hands out of his grasp.

I could see the shock on his face on my clear rejection. The quivering fingers still took hold of my hand as those lips pleaded.

"Muhabbat karta ho main apse. Please main____ main kiya karoga. (I love you. Please What would I ______I do.)"

The confession came but at what time. If I heard it even yesterday. My heart would have bloomed with happiness. Now, His confession. His love. It all felt meaningless.