Chapter 10

تیرے عشق میں یوں نیلام ہوجاؤ
          آخری بولی تیری ہو اور تیرے نام ہوجاؤ
______________________________________

Palermo. It wasn't very surprising that this capital of Sicily was awarded with banner of "Italian capital of Culture" being once held many dominating powers of history such as Arabs, Norman, Byzantine and Roman.

Today I actually got to see it with my own eyes. I always had a love for culture and history with reading so many literary works. I couldn't put in words my excitement to actually watch that marked history stroked with various cultures with my own eyes.

The weather here was not that extremely cold which I was grateful for and another good thing was that there were not many tourists in this time of month.

I felt like a giddy child who had a jar of candies. I think it was very noticeable because whenever we were in a chapel or piazza and art museums. Jahan would smile and even chuckle seeing my sparkling eyes as they took everything in.

These days felt like heaven. It wasn't the city even through it had its charm. It was the utter attentiveness that I got from my husband. Jahan had been busy since our marriage. I never had his full time and attention. Now that I had it. I became aware of how much I actually craved it.

I never knew that he could be this caring, doting and thoughtful but he showed me these days not with words but with every action and caress.

He would show so much with simple things such as brushing my hair before sleep and making tea for me. Jahan was so attentive to my every little action that he just knew whenever I was scared, nervous, sad, insecure, happy and giddy.

It was amazing and I felt blessed. I couldn't share my gratitude to my Allah even if I tried hard. I didn't expect much from our marriage but Allah gave me so much.

Jahan wasn't perfect husband. He had a temper but there weren't many things that he lost his temper to but whenever he did. It was scary not because I think that he would hit me. It was the aura around him and sometimes his words that actually wanted you to not be the person that he was angry at. The mere two or three sentence were enough to make someone shiver.

He was extremely possessive. It was about everything in general or just me. I wasn't sure but jahan told me that he wanted to be my top notch priority and that I should care about only what he thinks and not about society or other people.

It promoted me to ask him if he would allow me to work. I was expecting a downright no but it didn't came.

"Mujhe koi issue ni agar ap mujhe itna he waqt date hai jaise date aye hai. (I wouldn't have a issue if you give me the same time that you used to.)"

His simple reply made me pleased. He wasn't against the idea. I decided to go through exams and think about job later.

At this right moment. We were sitting a nice halal restaurant that we somehow found in the city.

The setting was quite romantic with our table next to window pane. Our table which had three glasses in middle containing red roses and three candles surrounding it. The pinkish red light coming from the small chandelier above each table added to this romantic setting.

I was wearing a black anarkali frock with sitara work and black ombre checkered pattern duppata. My hair down lightly curled at end with large silver metal earrings.