Chapter 8

یوں چاہتا ہوں تجھے اپنی باہوں میں
             جیسے روح جڑی ہے جسم کے اندر
______________________________________

There were some students in pair working on their project with a laptop on table. Some in group of girls and boys chatting and laughing out loud. A few couples here and there holding hands talking in hushed tone. The cafe was a hot area around university filled with students of different crowds.

My finger was playing with pearl in my chain moving it left and right thinking about nothing but everything at same time.

"Lagta hai Jahan bhai k khayalo me khoye howe ho. (It looks like that she is lost in thoughts of Jahan bhai.)"

I looked ap immediately at his name. "Ni to. Were you two asking me something?"

"Ha." Rabi replied. "Did you complete the assignment?"

"I already submitted it."

"Arey itni jaldi. (So soon.) Zara exclaimed. Doesn't Jahan bhai keep you busy?" Rabia wiggled her eyebrows in a suggestive manner copying Zara.

I must look like a tomatoes at this moment even through nothing much happened these days other then opening my eyes in morning and finding myself trapped in his arms or lying across his chest.

Jahan was very busy with party work  mostly visiting Islamabad. If he wasn't out of city. We would have the breakfast together but dinner didn't happen as he would be mostly late. Once at start I kept waiting for him at dinner but tired I fell asleep in the living room and the next morning Jahan strictly advised me to not wait for him at dinner.

The most nights, I would only know if he is at home when I would wake up at fajar and found him lying beside me. Every single day, I would be tempted to wake him up so that he could lead me at namaz but I always chickened out in my fear.

In these weeks with Jahan, I noticed another thing. Mostly after fajar. I would find him mumbling something in his sleep too low for me to hear. I would every time blow surahs at him and he would be relaxed in minutes.

"Its Jahan bhai on news."

My eyes immediate shot up to the only large screen displaying my husband who was sitting before a table in a chair giving short but potent answers to journalists and various reporters. In his white kameez and trouser with black waistcoat, hair slicked back and those calloused and rugged hands that were resting on table. He was epitome of male wajahat.

Every single woman was looking at screen with an awestruck expression. I read the headline finally coming to my senses.

"Jahan Sikander Ali Shah the leading businessman of Pakistan may be appointed as next CMs of Punjab."

I hurriedly stood up, picking by bag and things and said Allah Hafiz as I dialed Khan baba for him to pick up. If papa saw the conference which was airing across every news channel. Ya Allah khair. He won't be happy.

I was tense whole way to home. The car parked in front of Shah Villa. It didn't took me a second to leave the car. I walked passed through the doors and hurried straight to the living room. I could hear those angry shouts as I flew open the doors. A controller hit directly to the wall next to the door.