Chapter 19

پاس رہ کے بھی دور رہے ہو
                دور رہ کے میرے دل
                دے کے نشانی بھولنے والے
                رہتے ہو میرے دل میں
______________________________________

Jahan kept his promise in a way and still didn't. He knew exactly how to manipulate his way around conditions and words. A perfect business man tactic.

My exact words were "You won't do anything illegal." He destroyed Malik Ahmar keeping that promise. He made the whole Pakistan aware of his every single heinous act. Malik Ahmar in days was on streets with his family.

Jahan completely destroyed him making everyone aware what would be their fate. If they offended him anyway. Calculative, unforgiving but Ruthless. It wasn't a word that I thought could be associated with my husband.

Technically, he didn't do anything wrong but his intentions weren't pure. The public think that he did a heroic thing helping the NAB to catch a corrupted politician. I wanted to laugh at that. He did this for his personal gain. For his very personal cause.

The same news that was repeating on and on for weeks was still getting casted on the news channel.

My friends were praising him. How just he was? How our country needed more politicians like him? Every praise was burden on my heart.

Today we had our last exam. The excuse to stay over Rabia home couldn't be used anymore.

Some people may see me as coward for not confronting him and running away from the problem. I needed time, space, distance everything related to that and exams gave me a reason to stay away.

Stepping out of the front gate, I expected to see Khan baba instead I found one black car with bullet proof glass with Jeep of bodyguards behind.

Jahan's driver came toward to assist me toward the car.

"Bibi ji, sahab apko intezar Kar rahe hain. (Sahab is waiting for you.)

I nodded my head and walked to the car. The driver opened the door and I went inside. I set firmly attached to the door not spearing a glance.

The car started. Jahan pulled on the separation. A second later. He laid his head on my lap with upper half body on the seat and lower half hanging.

"Mere sat me dard horaha hai. (My head is hurting.)

I kept looking out through the window clenching my hand tightly on the leather seat. He took my right hand in his own with his thumb stroking the inside of my wrist.

"Theak hai. Na kare. Mujhe apke qurbat see he sukoon mil jayega (Alright. Don't do it. I will get peace by your nearness.)"

He raised his hand and swiftly took off the hair catcher that binded my hairs in a bun. They fell at my back. He placed some of them in front and then his finger started playing with end of the strands, tugging, twirling them around his fingers.

Suffocated. His scent and touch suffocated me. I looked outside on the passing building, tightly clenching my hands that my nails pricked my skin.