Chapter 13

الفاظ صرف چبھتے ہیں
خاموشیاں مار دیتی ہیں
______________________________________

He was standing there pulling on the knot of his tie before sitting down on bed and taking off his shoes. Jahan hasn't confronted me yet. I have been on my toes since dinner.

Right now. I was folding already folded clothes gathering up my courage to talk to him.

I sighed and pulled his night clothes from closet before walking up to him. He had a ignited cigarette in between his thumb and index finger from which he took continuous drag blowing the smoke right back at my face.

"Jahan."

It was like he was lost in his thoughts only realising now that I was standing before him.

"Ashtray."

I didn't mind the smoke but Jahan always made sure to not smoke in my presence. He only smoked in the balcony mostly avoiding the bedroom.

I picked up the ashtray from side table and took it in front of him. He thumbed the cigarette inside it and threw it in there.

"Ap se kuch ijazat lene hai." (I want to ask you permission for something.)"

He took hold of my wrist and tugged it pulling me on his lap as he snaked his arm on my mid.

"Ask."

"I was thinking about staying with Sana for the night."

"Ni."

I pulled his arm off and stood up walking some step behind to have some distance.

"Simple se he to guzarish hai. (Its just a simple request.)"

"A No is a No."

He stood up taking the clothes from my stretched arm walking up to the bathroom to change.

"Q ni? (Why not?)"

"Jab tak ye issue solve ni hota tab tak in cheezon k bare me ijaazat lene k bare me bhool jaye. (Forget about getting permission about these things till this issue is solved.)"

He walked inside closing the door. It made me frustrated. I just needed a night away from him just to think and maybe have some space. I know that it would do me some good and I couldn't even get it. The anger just brewed inside as I waited for him to walk out.

I glared head on at him as he walked in working a towel in his wet hairs.

"Just for once. Mujhe kuch karne de. (let me do something.)"

"Aur kuch. (Anything else.)"

He stood there calm and all noble with his hands folded on his chest. I felt like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. It did nothing but well up the anger and frustration inside.

I couldn't handle it anymore so I walked out of the room into the balcony. I set on the swing. It was so large that I could easily lay on it so I did just that curling myself in small ball to avoid the bitter cold air. I couldn't tell which was more bitter the air or my heart.

I had no shawl and the thin silk shirt and trouser wasn't of any help. I was really cold but the stubborness kept me right where I was.

It must have been an half an hour or so. I couldn't feel my nose and my hands and feet were also cold hard.