mission

! Giyuu's POV !
It has been five months since you passed away. I hate to say this but, I miss you Kochou. Even though I don't feel sad, I feel guilty. If only I came three minutes earlier. I'm so sorry. You were my only friend, you were here for me when I became a hashira and didn't care about my silence and rude words. I guess I only realized how much you meant to me when it was too late.

I had my head in the clouds while walking to the butterfly-mansion to help the girls with training, since Kochou passed on I retired. I would still help with big and important missions but the smaller missions aren't for me anymore. It reminds me of her too much since the master often sent us on missions together, I get distracted often and it only takes a second to get killed.
As I was training Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke my craw came flying in.

"Mission for Giyuu Tomioka, go north-east! Multiple killings have taken place and it seems to be a lower rank kizuki!" the craw screamed.

I sighed softly and answered calm: "I retired, I'm not supposed to go on missions."

The craw sat on my shoulder when I noticed a note on his leg.
I quickly grabbed the note and started reading:

"Dear Giyuu,

  I apologize for putting this mission on your shoulders even after you retired but I can't help but    feel like this mission is supposed to be yours, let's call it instinct.
  Please be careful on this mission and follow the instructions of your dear friend Kanzaburou,
  he know everything.

  Thank you very much,
  Kagaya Ubuyashiki"

After reading and receiving instructions from my crow I grabbed my stuff and left almost immediately, I don't doubt the master but I am a little bit confused. 

-

I got to the village before sunset, perfect to have a little snack.

As I was eating simmered salmon I already felt the demon lurking and watching. I felt a really uncomfortable presence, it felt heavy on my shoulders and made it hard to breathe. Like it was looking for a prey.

When I finished my meal I asked around the village if they knew something about the mysterious disappearances. Some said it was an old ghost from the town, others said it was a demon. which was of course the truth. I did hear a very specific explanation, from a guy who was able to escape the demon. Most likely because the sun was coming up.

He described it, or her as he said, as a slim, tiny girl with beautiful black hair. She had a sweet smile on her face and she reminded him of a butterfly.

I got the guilt feeling all over again, the demon reminds me of Kochou a lot. Lets hope I don't lose concentration because of that.

I thanked the guy with a small bow and told him to be careful and stay inside for the night. In the meantime the sun had already set and the village got a scary vibe. The streets were dark and mist was setting. It was awfully quiet, the only thing you could hear was the wind howling softly and my slow breathing.

I held my nichirin blade close to me as I walked around trying to pinpoint the demon, Kanzaburou mentioned the demon hunts young men in their twenties so I'm a perfect bait. I felt the aura of the demon very close and listened carefully. I felt a soft wind behind me, turned around and wasn't surprised to see the demon standing right behind me. She had a sweet smile on her lips just like the man said and looked somehow like Kochou. I wasn't worried after all because I know she passed on, I saw it with my own eyes.

Her hair was flowing in the wind and her bangs were long, they covered her eyes so I had no idea if this really was one of the twelve kizuki. She didn't wield a katana and didn't have an haori she only wore a dress with a dark butterfly pattern, they looked very vibrant on the bottom of the dress but faded out up towards her waist. She wasn't wearing any shoes, her feet looked tiny just like her.

Anyhow she just stood there, didn't attack, but just smiled, i almost dropped my sword because of how innocent she looked, luckily i snapped out of it and started the battle..

———
hellowww
this is my first chapter of my first even fanfic! i don't really expect anyone to read this but if you did maybe gimme some tips? i'm looking forth to writing this story and yeahhh, ill probably update about once a week. maybe more.
author-san out!