Chapter 7 - The Battles and "Her" Fiery Resolve

REVISED-[10/03/21]

*Iida PoV*

My class and I are currently on the sides of the spectator-portion of the stadium huddled in a small section for the class to chill. We are here to view the matches that are going to happen in a while. It seems that the first match is going to be Y/N fighting Midoriya.

Present Mic: "THE BATTLES NOW BEGIN!!" The crowd roared with much anticipation. "AND FOR THE FIRST MATCH, THE BOY WHO MADE HIS EXPLOSIVE DEBUT ON THE OBSTACLE RACE, MIDORIYA IZUKU FROM CLASS-A!!"

Midoriya made his way to the stage looking quirky but determined. As his friend, I can only hope that he doesn't injure himself that much.

Especially considering who his opponent is.

Present Mic: "AND FOR HIS OPPONENT!! THE YOUNG GUN THAT KEEPS BLOWING US WITH SURPRISES WITH HIS QUIRK, THE LAVA BOY FROM CLASS-A, L/N Y/N!!" The people cheered after his remark.

Kaminari: "I think this is gonna be an overkill." Said the electricity idiot head.

Kirishima: "If only Midoriya can control his quirk without breaking his body."

My classmates are acting a bit skeptical about Midoriya. It can't be helped since he still hasn't shown us what he's capable of. So this match should be worth watching.

Present Mic: "WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, LET THE MATCH BEGIN!!!"

Right after the signal, both of them started running at each other. As they get closer, Midoriya tackled Y/N but failed in charging him to the ground. Y/N pushed Midoriya away and delivered several punches. Some punches were blocked, but others were delivered. Midoriya retaliated with a spinning back kick but Y/N crossed his arms in an x-shape and was pushed back a few feet.

Shoji: "So they decided to do CQC?" Said the dupli-arm teen.

Jirou: "Looks like it. I guess it's a form of consideration to Midoriya."

Midoriya then rushed at Y/N to deliver a blow on his temple. Y/N simply did a stance to counter his attack and do a backhand throw. Midoriya crashed to the ground and grunted in pain. After the sudden counter, Y/N straddled him and proceeded to do a chokehold. Unbeknownst to the audience, they were secretly talking to each other.

Iida: "It looks like they are having a conversation during the fight."

Mina: "Look!" The pink girl pointed towards the stage.

Y/N was blown away into the air. A clear utterance of the word 'Smash!' can be heard from Midoriya and a visible injury on his finger.

Mineta: "Midoriya used his quirk!"

Sero: "That's one nasty power!"

At this point, Y/N is free-falling heading straight to the ground. Then the unexpected happened. Y/N pointed his hand towards Midoriya. Then suddenly, the greenette then started to levitate and head straight towards Y/N.

Uraraka: "Deku-kun is being pulled towards Y/N!" She said which earned a few gasps from her classmates.

When the action is being done, Y/N is preparing a fist mid-air and as Midoriya closes in, he struck his face down with great force. They then both crashed down into the stage. Y/N managed to soften the landing using his quirk, while Midoriya sacrificed an arm to soften his landing. The boys panted for a while seemingly easing the pain they both received.

Midoriya decided to finish things off once and for all. He readied his uninjured fist seemingly ready to deliver a powerful smash. But it never came which surprised the audience.