Chapter 22 - I Love You, but I Can't....

*3rd PoV*

Words can't describe how heavy the atmosphere is inside one of the isolated rooms, despite the already eerie mood UA has on right now. At this point in time, classes had already begun as the chatters fill the classrooms of their present lessons.

But inside one specific science room, were two teens confronting each other about a topic so serious that will change the course of their relationship.

Y/N stood there, a sort of toddler expanded to teenager size, irritation in his throat, a sort of impetuousness. He watched Shoukos mismatched hair moved over skin that yearned for more shade and rest. His eyes were on the small side, as if afraid to let the light in; his mouth was small and rigid, as if only used for the sort of smiles that mask cruelty, perhaps born of a lifetime of suspicion and the special kind of superiority that radiates contempt. It was one of those mouths that only twitch upward when a deception is achieved.

Fate has brought them in that moment, yet they never asked to be in that place. One yearns for the truth, yet the other is completely afraid to reveal his true self.

Shouko: "I know that you're hiding something from me Y/N." She said with a noticeable stern tone.

Her cold fury burnt with dangerous intensity.

Y/N: "I don't know what you're talking about..." He feigns ignorance.

Shouko: "Stop pretending to be a denialist. I know that you're a villain." She said with a piercing tone.

The utterance of those words crept in. Y/N could feel his eyes getting heavy, his breath was being irregular as if it was panicking.

And the girl before him could see his restless expression, further wrenching the uneasiness inside of her.

Her thoughts were proven true, she knew he was a villain now, courtesy of Yuka. Yet she wanted it to be just a lie, a lie to rile her up.

But the person in front of her acted otherwise.

She grit her teeth, clenched her fist, hoping that he would have his reasons for it. So she had to get answers.

Shouko: "Y/N... are you really a villain?" Her expression was eager and worried.

The boy looked at her eyes, he already knows the answer to her question.

Y/N: "I..."

Are you really going to tell her?

The voice of All For One talked to him. It was already bad enough to come face to face with her, and yet the voice of his quirk just had to pressure him.

He really didn't know that to do. Tell her? Lie to her? He knew that every answer to her question will only lead to more anxiety.

He was in a deadlock, on the precipice of judgement.

But then, the voice in his head told him one crucial statement.

If you want to tell her the truth, then I hope you know what you're putting her in.

And then it hit him.

If she knows, then she'll stay away from him. Maybe even forget his existence altogether.

And if that assures her safety, then heck he's going to tell her.

With a serious gaze on, petrifying all the uncomfortable feelings inside him, he will now say the words he wants to say, and the words she doesn't want to hear.

Y/N: "I am.."

Then just like that, it's over.

Shouko heard his words, as the reality of it hits her.