Chapter 20 - Vestiges and Responsibility

REVISED-[11/03/21]

*Y/N PoV*

Y/N: "W-What? Where am I?"

All I see is a lake? Why am I standing near a lake?

Y/N: "Weren't I just at I-Island? How did I get here?"

I remember that I was taking One For All from All Might, then everything after that is left blank. And the place I'm at feels all imaginary, blank, and dark.

Am I dreaming?

I then look at my reflection on the lake and see something odd.

Y/N: "Huh? Why is my hair white?" I see the reflection of myself and saw that my ash grey turned completely white. "What happened to me?"

???: "...I never really thought that we would lose."

Huh?

I heard a voice behind me, so when I turned back to check it out, what I saw was completely eerie.

Y/N: "What the..?"

All I saw were nine clouds of black looming closely together. They were hovering slowly while I stood right by the lake.

???: "You.... you're his offspring aren't you?" One cloud asked.

Y/N: "His offspring?"

???: "All For One.." Another cloud mentioned.

I flinch at the mention of his name, and when I did, the clouds became darker.

???: "So it is true, we lost." The clouds then stop moving as they fade. "Tell us kid, what do you intend to do with both One For All and All For One?"

When it asked me that question, I look down in heaviness.

Y/N: "I-I don't know... I never asked to have both of those quirks." For some reason, the black clouds loomed closer to me.

???: "...what do you mean?" This time, a feminine voice came from one of the clouds.

What does it mean.... just what does it fucking mean?!

Y/N: "I-I never wanted to be in this position... and yet... FATE DECIDED TO FUCK MY LIFE!!" I busted out making the clouds shudder. "All I ever wanted was a normal life! Is that too much too ask!?! I never wanted to kill! I never wanted to become a villain! I thought I could become a hero, but could I ever be one if I murdered countless people without feeling any remorse?!? I just want to be a normal teenager!" I drop to my knees and start bawling. "...why me... why does life have to give me the worst chances.."

I was filled with anxiety. My mental health was in shambles, crippled over the horrid things that I have experienced. I was on the tipping point every day, but, how was I able to keep it in and continue life normally?

Oh yeah, it was thanks to Shouko. She kept me going on. But what did I ever give her in return...

Pain..

Then, while on the ground inside this surreal land, I felt gazes on me.

Having my little episode partially subsided, I look up. As if the land felt pity for me, the clouds from before disappeared and were replaced by.... people...

Y/N: "H-Huh?"

There were nine people surrounding me, all looking at me with pity. I saw a male with black hair with his mouth covered by his suit, a rougher guy that looked punkish of sorts, a woman with her hair tied and had worn normal hero clothes, All Might, Midoriya, there were others too but my focus was solely on one guy in front of me. He looked very much like my father, but he made me feel, safe.