Chapter 8 - Sports Festival Finale and "Her" Starting Point

REVISED-[10/03/21]

*Y/N PoV*

After the fiasco that happened after my match with Shouko, I told Midnight that I forfeit the battle. So the winner of the match is Shouko due to my admit in defeat. 

Since I could still feel the lingering pain caused by Limit Release, I went straight to Recovery Girl when I exited the arena. 

Shouko insisted that she would accompany me, but I convinced her to rest and prepare her match with Iida later. She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before she left.

She's becoming bolder and bolder.

.

After about an hour, I am still lying down on a bed in the infirmary trying to sleep. But I was really anxious about seeing the final battle later, so I toyed around with a rubiks cube that was conveniently placed near my bed to kill time. I've heard all the other battles as well, but I was really tired enough to care. 

I could hear Present Mic shouting Shouko's victory against Iida at the stadium, so I couldn't help myself but smile at my girl's win. 

Recovery Girl said that I can leave since my body is back in tip-top shape, so without wasting any time, I left the infirmary.

I walked back to my class to watch the last match of the semi-finals. Once I arrived, most of my classmates looked at me with sly eyes. 

(Y/N): "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

Sero: "C'mon dude. After your bold confession, who wouldn't."

My cheeks flustered at his reply. I really did go overboard on my confession that I locked away my shame at that moment. 

Looks like love can make you do things you normally won't do.

Mina: "I can't believe the two strongest students in our class had that kind of relationship!" She cheerily stated.

Hagakure: "Not to mention that they even secretly shared a kiss~" She said which made the rest of the class look at me with interest.

(Y/N): "No." I sternly stated, which made them disappointed.

I sat down next to Midoriya since he might have something to say to me. As I took my seat, he then called out to me.

Midoriya: "Hey Y/N. Thanks for keeping your end of the bargain." He looked at me appreciatingly.

(Y/N): "No problem, I did say that I would save her no matter what." I said as I pat his back.

The current match is between Tokoyami and Bakugou. It's already near the end of the fight since Bakugou figured out Dark Shadow's weakness. And after pinning Tokoyami down, Bakugou is admitted as the winner.

It's gonna be Shouko against Bakugou in the finals. I wanted to encourage Shouko somehow since she's still quite skeptical about using her flames. Though she can already use it without hesitation, she thinks that it's still not right. 

So I left the spectator section and went ahead to Shouko's waiting room.

.

After a few minutes of waiting inside the room, the door finally opened to reveal a tense Shouko. When she looked in my direction, she was rather surprised.

(Y/N): "Hey.. you feeling alright?" I asked her as she made her way to the seat next to me.

Shouko: "I guess.." She said as she sat down.